iii. let it guide you

The sun.

The stars.

The moon.

The clouds.

The sky.

The ocean.

The land.

"I want you to open your mind to the world around you... to the vastness of the ocean and the height of the land. Let the Force find its way through the water and amongst the grass... Feel it in your mind, body, and soul. Let it flow through you like the air in your lungs."

Sitting before you as he kept his eyes focused on your calmed expression, Luke took in small breaths. "What is it that you see?"

Behind your eyelids, you could see the world. The water crashing against the rock, the fishes swimming against the current... the winds sending waves. "The ocean moving, filled with life... a vast range of blue."

Seeing the sun reflect off of the water. the surface sparkling like diamonds, you continued on. "The light of day..." Seeing the sky mirror the water, the faint clouds filled your view. "The clouds that blind the brightness..."

Seeing the land and the Care Takers amongst the grass swaying, vines growing on the mountainous rock, you took in small breaths. "The life that this planet allows..." Seeing the birdsyou had learned to be Progsfly about, some nesting while others fought for food, you spoke, "The death that helps bring life... The sacrifices that help the living."

Hearing the chirps and feeling the Force surrounding all that lived and inhabited the island and deep ocean, you smiled. "The energy that brings it all together... like the rock that we sit on now, holding us stable to the ground..."

Seeing and feeling it all, you felt at ease. Relaxed. Calm. "This is meditation. And this is harnessing the Force, feeling it, familiarizing it. Becoming one with it." Luke spoke as your eyes slowly opened, only for you to burst out into laughter. "And... apparently becoming one with the life around it."

Eyeing the Porgs that surrounded you, some on your lap, in between your crossed legs, on your knees and shoulders, you lifted your eyes up to see one looking right down at you as it sat on your head. "You connect with the life the Force gives so easily."

"I hadn't even felt them around me... or heard them."

"You were deep into the Force." Luke said. "You are delved into it... far more connected than I thought." Standing from his spot, he turned and walked away.

Standing up as the Porgs flew off, you removed the one from your head and placed it down before you followed Luke, your cloak billowing with the wind and movement of your feet. "How come I didn't float?"

"Eventually." Luke spoke. "For now, you attract Porgs."

Smiling, you looked over to see the same Porg that sat on your head, follow you. "Will we meditate every day?"

"You will meditate when you feel you need to."

"How will I know?" You questioned.

"You will... believe me." Luke nodded as you continued to follow. "We are going to test your abilities with the Force. We are going to see how powerful your mind truly is." Luke said as you nodded.

"Okay." You swallowed, only to feel your stomach drop, seeing Luke make a sudden turn, you nearly flinched as a rock came into your view... floating. "W-what!"

"Fast reflexes." He nodded. "Good."

"Y-you just tossed a rock at me!" You shouted.

"Yes, I did." He shrugged, only to do it again, using the Force to toss it at you as it stopped inches away from you. "And I will keep surprising you until you are able to stop me from even lifting it up from the ground."