Chapter 3

Katy's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe my daughter was here with me, I have no idea how Sofia managed to get her to meet me, I can't imagine how pissed off Heather must be with me, yet she's a really great actor. I wanted to talk with her, but all of us are too emotional tonight to do much more, so I thought it couldn't hurt to push off a few days.

So here I am, John sitting next to me at a restaurant with Sofia sitting across from us. Tamra and Shannon are with Heather right now, as much as I didn't want to be away from her, John and I have to speak with Sofia and plus, we've all been crying so much that we might go blind.

Our coffees were brought to us, "Sofia, I can't thank you enough for raising her, and somehow getting her to meet us." I said, "Katy, she's a very tough girl, yes it's hard every once in a while to get her to do things, but she has a gentle soul, she can't go bad."

"I just don't know where to start, I mean, I basically don't know anything about her. I want to form that mother daughter bond, but I have no idea how. It's been so long since I've even seen her in person, not to mention form a bond with her." I said.

"Once again, just give her some time, she afterall is a teenager. She really does love you Katy, even if she doesn't say it or show it, I know that she loves you, otherwise, no matter how good of a persuader I am, she wouldn't have come. When she can't go to sleep at night, she will listen to your songs, when she has trouble at school or with her friends, she shuts herself in her room and literally speaks to you as if you were in there with her. Of course, she doesn't think I notice or eavesdrop on her because she doesn't want to show how she truly feels because she is afraid that you might not feel the same. But after tonight, I'm sure that those feelings won't be afraid anymore."

"Wow, Sofia, you really think so?" I said hopefully, "I know so, just give her a little time to warm up, she afterall is your daughter."

Heather's P.O.V.

"Does she always act like that?" I asked Tamra, pointing to Shannon, who was currently jumping up and down on a couch eating a banana. It took me some time to open up and talk to everyone, without Sofia here, I don't really feel safe. But I eventually put all of that aside.

"Yep, was annoying at first, but then I realized that this is just her very open personality." She chuckled, "So your mom just texted me, she told us to get going to the hotel, they're going to meet us there." I nodded and watched as Tamra threw a roll of newspaper onto Shannon, knocking her off the couch.

My jaw dropped as I started laughing, I probably should go help her up, but this is actually way too funny. "What the hell!" Shannon yelled, standing back up, I guess I could get used to this life.

I let out a terrifying shriek as we exited the arena, mainly because flashes started going off, I've never been in this situation before. I felt Tamra grab onto me immediately and pull me close to her side, "Don't respond to anything they say, got it?" I nodded as we battled our way to the car.

When we finally got in, I let out a huge sigh. "Does mom have to go through this everyday?" I asked, "Well, that is how she got famous, so yep." Well I'm just full of sighs today aren't I.

"So you're my bestie's baby." Shannon said, flashing off her pearls. "I guess." I replied simply, "You are so much cuter in person, I wuv you already!" She said, throwing herself onto me. I just giggled, it's been a while since I've been this close to a celebrity.

"You are such a monkey." She gasped, "That is literally what Katy calls me 24/7! Oh we are gonna be besties!"

At the hotel...

I took a deep breath, knowing what was about to come, either mom was gonna make us talk or it would just be awkward. Either way, awkward. When I stepped out of the limo, I started screaming again because instead of just flashes, I felt someone grip me.