Chapter 36

Katy's P.O.V.

I gave John a confused look as Shannon hung up, what in the world? "Why would Heather lie about where she is, and then Shan hangs up on me, since when does she ever do that?" I asked weirdly.

"Kate..." John said, giving me the look. I gasped, no way. "I thought Heather said she was okay with another baby." I said, "She's a great actress, Kate. Just give her some time to calm down, she'll be okay." He nodded as I put my head on his chest, he better be right.

2 hours later...

I shot up from the couch when I heard the front door open, it was almost midnight, but Shannon said that Heather wanted to come home tonight instead of stay over, so John and I were waiting.

Heather walked through the front door and waved bye to Shan before looking at me, "Your room, now." I said, pointing to the stairs. John and I had discussed this, it would be better for me to talk to Heather about this instead of a family meeting.

She nodded and slowly walked upstairs, but before I could follow her, John grabbed my arm gently. "Kate, don't be too hard on her, okay?" He said as I nodded, I gave him a quick kiss before running upstairs.

I found Heather sitting on her bed when I walked into her room, closing the door behind me. "Why did you lie to me about your location?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest, "I knew that if I told you that I went to Shannon's you'd think something is up." She said.

"She is my best friend, and she practically is like a second mother to you, Heather." I snapped, "I know I wasn't there for you, and I haven't established any rules with you but I know Sofia has, and also because you are so well-mannered, rule number one, never, ever lie to me."

"I should have never told anyone, I should have just kept it to myself and then when I can't hold anything in anymore, I'll just burst and die." She said angrily, "No, now is not your time to argue back, you will listen to me." I said as I pushed her back down onto the bed.

"I know you're not happy about the thought of having a sibling, the only reason I can guess is that you're afraid you'll lose my attention." She scoffed, "What attention, I'm an only child now and I can't get your attention, the times I do get your attention you're either scolding me or with dad or Shannon, since when was the last time you and I were ever in a place alone together, like now?"

She does have a fair point, but my gut feeling tells me to ignore it for now and continue my point. "I am a famous singer, Heather what did you expect? Even normal parents aren't always around their children." I said, annoyed.

"Yeah, they aren't, but they will see each other everyday and they also go out shopping, mother and daughter, or dad and son, we've only had one outing together and that was at a mall, in 15 years that I've been in this world, 11 of which I wasn't even with my mother, so sorry for feeling neglected."

"Heather, why don't you tell me the real reason why you're so upset? I mean I was upset when I found out about your uncle, but I grew over it before he was even in your grandma's uterus! I know I wasn't away from my mom like you were, but you shouldn't be this upset." I yelled, great, now we've reached yelling.

"You just said it right there, your parents raised you! You were with them all the time, I wasn't!" I slammed my hand on the table and stood up, startling her, "I was with my parents ALL the time? They are ministers, they travel 6 out of the 7 days in a week, Heather, there isn't much difference between you and I." I yelled.

"But I learned to accept the fact that I may have another sibling, and to not be selfish. Yes my parents focused their attention more on David because he's a baby! A baby, Heather, a little fragile human being who needs more support than a teenager, but I got over it because he's my brother."