Chapter 8

Katy's P.O.V.

"Thank you so much Las Vegas!" I yelled as I was brought backstage, the dress lifted off of me, thankfully. Now, the moment I've been dreading for, meeting Riley. By now Heather's performance should be just about over, the fact that I missed my daughter's performance is killing me, but I knew I had no choice.

"Okay Katy, meet and greet time." I nodded, I looked at the list, great, what a coincidence, Riley was last, I wonder what tricks he pulled to do that. After meeting everyone, I took a deep breath as Riley walked into the room, keep it together Katy.

"Ms. Perry, it's so nice to meet you in person." He said, well doesn't he have a bubbly personality. I forced a smile, but Tamra glared at me. "Riley, you do realize that if you want to know Heather better, you should probably talk to her, I mean, I'm her mother, but I didn't exactly raise her."

"I know, but you are still her mother, she has a lot of your traits." I rolled my eyes, "Okay, well, what do you want to know, you only have five minutes." I said, staring at him straight in the eye, Bradford's not going to be too pleased with me.

"Heather has been distant lately, um especially after that moment where I met up with her in the hotel about a week ago, is something going on that I need to know about?" I've been through so much, I can tell when a guy truly likes someone or not, and I know Riley doesn't love Heather.

"Things have been a little chaotic recently, since she just got under my care, we're trying to balance things out. So if you really want to answer, once again, go ask her, I don't know everything that she's thinking about okay?" He nodded.

"I mean, she's such a nice girl, what could possibly be bothering her?" I just sighed, "I don't know, okay? Just because I'm her mother it doesn't mean that I know what's going on with her 24/7." I snapped, which is probably what he's striking for.

"Well then you're not a very good one are you, leaving your own daughter to start your career wasn't a very smart choice was it? You left her heartbroken, she never had the guts to say it to you because she's too gentle on the inside, but I'm not, I will do whatever it is to protect my girlfriend, even if it means getting Sofia and Tim back in the picture."

I started laughing, he thinks he can just come in and break up the family, "There's one thing you don't know about Heather, while all of what you said is completely true, you forgot to mention how much she listens to me. The reason she's been so distant from you lately is because she saw how much I dislike you, and honey, I've been through way more than you have relationship wise, I knew from the first moment when I saw you that you were not going to be sincere with my daughter. She loves me, and she listens to me, if I tell her to break up with you right now, she will do so, and she won't secretly go behind my back to date you again."

Everyone in the room looked speechless, "Yes, so I didn't raise her for selfish reasons, but I'm in her life now and that's all that matters. I will never forgive myself for the pain I had to put her through, but I'm working on it, Heather and I will have the strongest relationship in the world soon, and you think you can just waltz in and break it. You know what Riley, call her right now, and see what happens. And put her on speaker."

R: Hi Heather.

H: Hey Riley, you're just in time, I just finished my performance.

What Riley didn't know was that I had Bradford and Tamra set up a secret camera in the corner, it just looked like a security camera, but it was like skype so Heather could see it. I called John in the morning to make sure Heather would see it, and now she knows what kind of a person her boyfriend is.

R: Great, I wish I could have been there to watch you perform.

H: Aww it's okay, there's always a next time, anyways, I heard you got to meet my mom tonight, how'd that go?