Chapter 23

Heather's P.O.V.

"I am so sorry, Shawn." I said, the moment he opened the door of his house. He gave me a weird look as mom appeared behind me with a huge smile, causing Shawn to smile as well.

"Hey beautiful boy, it's been like forever!" Mom said, giving him a hug as dad shook his hand. I felt pretty good to know that at least my parents were on board with this boyfriend of mine, I want to keep this one, unlike Riley. Mom has a show tonight so she can only sorta greet him and then she has to go to the arena.

Mom insisted that she come and say hello, as did dad. I obviously had no say in this so they might as well, and plus, it's their limo not mine lol. Dad is Shawn's mentor, and mom just knows him pretty well, so I can see that we are going to get along pretty well.

Once we got into the house, Aaliyah came and greeted us. "Hey, it's been a while since I've seen you!" She said, giving me a hug. "OMG...that's Katy Perry!" She squealed into my ears, ouch.

Mom laughed, "Yes I am, now come here and give me a hug!" She said, almost cooing, what the hell? I smiled as I walked over to Shawn, "My parents are out of the house right now but they'll be back tonight. Please, make yourselves at home." He smiled.

"Oh sorry honey, I have a show tonight, I have to actually leave in like thirty minutes." Mom said, walking back towards us with Aaliyah. Shawn nodded his head in understanding as he grabbed a few glasses, "Juice, tea, water?" He asked.

"We'll just take water, mom's on a diet." I smirked, causing her to pinch my waist, causing me to yelp. "So how did you two meet?" Dad asked, patting Shawn's back.

"In a guitar store." I smiled, knowing that is where mom and dad met. I could tell mom and dad were smiling really hard, but I didn't take my eyes off of Shawn. "Really is my boy." Dad said as mom's phone started ringing, "Sorry, excuse me for a sec."

As mom left the room to answer her call, I stood up and walked into the kitchen to find Aaliyah peeling an orange. "Hey." I smiled, she returned the favor. "Can I ask you something?" She asked as I set my cup down, I nodded, "Of course, anything."

"Do you see any future plans with my brother?" She asked, catching me by surprise. "Um, Aaliyah, I'm only 14 right now, it's a little too early for that. But I will say that I really do like your brother, and if things don't ever go south, hopefully there might." I said softly.

"Good, because you're the only girlfriend I've really liked of his, not that he's had that many, girls always want his attention, and I've learned to ignore it because he is famous." She said, "Aaliyah, you will always be the center of his attention no matter how many girls are chasing after him, because you're his little sis."

"Thanks Heather, I hope you guys will never break up." She said before walking upstairs, that's when mom came back down. "John honey, we have to get going, Tamra just called and apparently there's been a little incident that happened in the arena."

"Incident, what's wrong?" I asked as dad walked to mom, "It's nothing major, darling, Shawn, please watch over her okay? I'll send someone to pick her up after the show." Mom said while heading towards the door.

"Oh Ms. Perry it's fine, I can take her to the hotel, don't worry about it." He said, putting his arm around me, "Are you sure?" Mom asked, "Yeah of course, anything for my girl." He said, making me blush like a freaking tomato about to pop.

"Okay then, I'll text you the hotel and room number, Heather. Have a great time you two!" When they left, I turned around and hugged him. "You're the best ever." I said as he laughed, "Well as the best boyfriend ever, I know that you like shopping, so why don't we hit the mall?" He asked.