Part 17

UNEDITED

PART  17

- - - - -

"The key to being HAPPY is knowing you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go"

- - - - -

After dinner everyone went to their respective rooms to settle in for the night.

After performing wudu (ablution) for prayer, Inayat prayed Isha (Night time prayer) and Veer silently adored his wife pray from the balcony.

Once she was done reciting Quran and sending Dua, she got on to the bed ready to sleep.

"Inayat..." Veer called her gently. She looked up at him with a smile.

"Are you happy?" he asked. He had lost his happiness and smile ever since Izzaan passed away. He was like his own brother to him.

"Yes, I am" she said with a small smile.

"Honestly, Inayat?" he couldn't believe her. "I find it hard to smile after what happened to you and Izzaan...um...but you... trust me, I am not complaining or grudging. I am happy that you smile more often now but I just want to know your smile is genuine... I don't want you to hide your pain..."

"Allah is the reason why even in pain I smile" she smiled. He nodded understanding her.

"I miss Izzaan terribly and it hurts me but then life is a journey from Allah to Allah. My baby brother is with Allah now. He will take care of him." Inayat said as a lone tear rolled down her cheek and she quickly wiped it off.

"You see life in a positive way, Inayat" Veer said in awe. She smiled.

"Veer, please give me some time..." She said and he frowned. "... I will forget everything and be your wife who will make you happy"

"Oh Inayaa" He loved her so much for always thinking about other's happiness over hers. He wished to take her in his arms and pepper kisses all over her face but restrained himself from doing that because she just asked him for time.

"Shall we sleep?" Inayat asked softly but before he could reply there was a knock at the door.

"I will see" Veer said and walked to open the door.

"What do you want?" Veer asked in a boring tone when he found his brother standing outside the door holding some CDs in his hand.

"Move" Arjun pushed his brother aside and stepped into the room as if it was his own room. "Hi" he waved his hand at his bhabhi.

"Hello" Inayat said in a soft tone wondering why he was there in their room.

"I'm bored" Arjun said.

"Okay, how can we help you?" Inayat asked glancing at her husband.

"I have got some movie CDs. Let's watch a movie" he didn't ask but just said his plan.

"We are going to sleep. Go to your room and watch, Arjun" Veer said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Bhabhi, you are kicking me out? You still haven't forgiven me for pulling you into the pool? Oh no! You are too bad" Arjun feigned a cry.

"Hey, I didn't tell anything. Your brother only told that right?" 

"But you would have given him this 'weird eye signal' which you 'wives' have mastered in and asked him to kick me out." Arjun accused. Inayat gaped at him in shock.

"Allah! Allah! I didn't give him any eye signals" she said innocently. Arjun had to press his lips to prevent his laughter.  

"Then tell your husband 'Let's watch a movie'. C'mon tell, bhabhi!" he insisted as he sat on the bed beside her.