Part 67

Unedited

Part - 67

-------------------

"You can't blame gravity for falling in love"

--------------------

Kundra Mansion was beautifully decorated with flowers and LED lights, setting the mood appropriately for the occasion.

Guests had cramped their spacious home making Madhu regret her idea of having the Haldi and Mehendi ceremony at home instead of having at the actual venue where they would be conducting their daughter's Sangeet and Shaadi.

"Inayat, if Naira is ready can you bring her down? It's time to start the function." Madhu delegated the job to her daughter in law so that she could greet the guests.

"Haan, ammi" Inayat went upstairs to Naira's room to check on her.

"Naira, you ready?" Inayat asked as she walked in and found the beautician giving final touch to her makeup.

"Almost" the beautician answered for her.

"How do I look?" Naira asked beaming with excitement. She had worn a vibrant green lehenga with pink embroidery and stone works. It was trendy and a perfect outfit for mehendi function. Her hairstylist had styled her thick and silky hair to a messy side bride and adorned it with pink flowers.

"You look beautiful as ever. And I absolutely love your pretty pink floral jewelleries." Inayat said smiling and she couldn't resist herself from doing a silly thing. She swiped a hint of kajal from the corner of her eyes and put it behind Naira's ear so that evil eyes won't fall on her.

Naira let out a good natured laugh.

Inayat smiled. Well, that was what her mom-in-law did to her a while ago, muttering 'Kisi ki nazar na lage meri bacchi par'

"You look beautiful too, Inayat" Naira complimented. Inayat looked stunning in a dark mauve silk saree with sequin and stone works along with a matching half sleeved blouse with boat neck. Her long and sleek dark brown hair was rolled to a messy bun and hid behind her saree pallu which was draped over her head.

She smiled and asked "Shall we go down now?"

"Sure but please don't leave my side. I am so nervous." Naira held Inayat's hand and she gave her a reassuring squeeze as she remembered asking the same favour to her on her wedding day and Naira kept her promise and never left her side, not even for a second. She was a huge pillar of support on that day. And that was evident on their wedding album. Inayat stood closer to Naira than to her husband Veer.

Naira was extremely nervous today because Yash was not by her side. His mom and few of his relatives were presented.

"I won't leave your side, not until you and Yash tie the knot." She promised making Naira happy and relieved.

--0--

"Ma'am, can you please keep your phone down and give your right hand? I am done with your left hand." The mehendi artist asked politely to Naira. She was busy texting to Yash but didn't get any reply from him.

"Sure" she kept her phone down feeling dejected as she didn't hear a word from her fiance since yesterday night.

"Where do you want me to write your soon to be husband's name, ma'am?"

"At the centre of my palm" Naira pointed where exactly.

"But won't that be too easy for your husband to find his name on the wedding night?"