Part 35

Part - 35

(Unedited)

---------------

"Sometimes, happy memories hurt the most"

---------------

"Madhu, will you stop crying?" Rishab said slightly getting irritated with her crying.

"No, I won't and you don't talk to me" Madhu said pushing his hand off her shoulder and turned away from him.

"Why?" He asked placing his hand on her shoulder again.

"You know why!" She shrugged.

"No, I don't"

"You hid the truth from me." She accused as she sat up on the bed and turned around to face him. "I thought I could always trust you but no, you are not my honest husband, any more. You are keeping secrets from me, from your wife! Have you ever done this before? Have you been fooling me all this time?" She cried.

"What nonsense you're talking, Madhu?" He shouted taking offense from her accusation. She flinched at his tone. He sighed. "Listen, I have never hid any damn thing from you. I have always been honest with you and I will always be!"

"Then why didn't you tell me about Kathryn's addiction for drugs? Why did you let Arjun love that girl who is no good for him? Why did you spoil our son's life?"

"Get this clear, Madhu, this is not our love story but our children's so we have only minimal role to play and here I just approved the girl he was already in love, head over heels. I didn't insinuate him to fall for her. Hell, I didn't know Kathryn before Veer's wedding..."

"When you came to know about her addiction?"

"On Veer's wedding"

"Arjun told you?"

"No, I found it out"

"How?"

"It was so obvious, Madhu..." He said but Madhu frowned in confusion as it wasn't obvious for her. She thought that girl looked fine, maybe little thin but still looked like a hot model. "... At least for me. She was so thin and her skin had red blotches. There could be many reasons for that but still I went with my instinct and bluntly asked Arjun and accepted the truth"

"You could have told him to stop, right?"

"Stop what? Stop seeing her? Stop loving her? No, that's not up to me or up to you to decide"

"We are his bloody parents and we have every right to make right decisions for him! I don't want that girl in his life!"

"Don't be stubborn, Madhu..."

"I am just protecting my son"

"When Veer wanted to marry Inayat, you accepted. When Naira didn't want to marry Roshan, you accepted that as well..."

"I didn't accept. I still don't and I still want my daughter to marry Roshan."

"What you want doesn't matter here. What they want only matters. Naira doesn't want Roshan. Arjun desperately wants Kathryn"

"But she is married. Why don't you father and son get that into your heads?"

"I believe Kathryn was coerced into this marriage..."

"So?"

"If she confirms my doubt, I will ask her to annul her marriage with that guy Alex and I will get her married to Arjun..."

"You can't be serious" She smirked. Her son wasn't even of legal age to get married.

Oh no! He is turning 21 next week.