Part 55

UNEDITED

Part - 55

-----------------

"My favorite thing to do is make memories with you"

-----------------

Veer had a restful sleep after a long time and he woke up refreshed but still his heart desired to lounge in bed for some more time cuddling his wife. Oh wait! "Where is my wife?" He sat up and looked around the room but he couldn't spot her there.

He heard noises coming from the vicinity of the kitchen so he figured his wife was there.

Sighing, he got off the bed, no more desiring to have a lazy time.

He wanted to be with his wife and help her if needed.

"Hey" he softly called her, leaning against the wall at the kitchen entrance.

Inayat was chopping vegetables and she momentarily paused the job in hand to look up at him and flash him a breathtaking smile.

Mashallah!

"Your hair is damp" he disapproved. "You need to blow dry it"

"I don't use blow dryers, Veer"

"Oh, well, you should have at least dried it properly with a towel. You will fall sick if you leave your hair wet so you better go..."

"It's almost dry." She said. She had no time to deal with her long hair now. She had to prepare breakfast for her husband. She wouldn't get to cook for him daily, right? "You tell me, why are you up so early?"

"Early? It's 7.30am and it's too late for me."

"Oh right" she hit her head for forgetting her husband's routine. "Breakfast will be ready in 20 minutes. Why don't you go freshen up by then?"

"I thought of doing a lot with you but having breakfast wasn't one among them."

"Oh? What did you think of doing with me?" She made a mistake by asking that.

"I thought of spending a long, long time in bed with you. I thought of us taking a shower together because I remember you agreeing to it. I thought of kissing you and..."

"Oh Veer!"

"You poured water in my dreamy dreams" he pouted.

"Good" She giggled.

"Can I help you with that?" He asked pointing to the chopping board.

"No, I will do it."

"I want to help you so please let me..." He took the knife from her hold and dragged the chopping board to his side, avoiding further protest from her. "I grew up seeing my mom and dad work together in kitchen and I found that lovely and romantic..."

"So you wanted to try that?"

"Exactly" he grinned and planted a quick kiss on cheek. She smiled.

"You didn't blush now" he pointed out.

"I am getting used to your kisses"

"Good"

"So what are we going to do for Naira for her wedding?"

"Honestly, I have no idea." He shook his head. "I feel everything is happening too quickly, Inayaa." This thought was nagging at the back of his head ever since he heard about his sister's wedding.

"You know why they have fixed Naira's wedding so soon, right? They want you to be a part of your twin sister's wedding, Veer" Once he had return to army after his short holiday, he wouldn't be back home until next year.