Part 56

Unedited

Part - 56

__________

"When souls find comfort in one another, separation is not possible - N. R. Hart" 

__________

"Daddy is this much salt enough?" Naira asked showing Rishab a spoon full of salt before adding it to the kadai paneer she was cooking.

"Little less, baby"

"Okay"

"Naira, I wanna ask you something?"

"What's it, daddy?"

"Do you feel it's too soon?"

"No, actually it's too late. I should have started learning to cook much earlier."

"I am not taking about cooking" Rishab said with a chuckle. "It's about your marriage." He clarified.

"Oh. Well, I am 26 and my twin brother is already happily married. So I think it's the right time for me to get married as well."

Rishab closed his eyes instead of rudely rolling them. "Naira do you want more time to get to know about Yash?" He spelled it out for her.

"No, daddy. I know him enough to trust him and marry him."

"You sure? It's just been a month since you guys started dating"

"Within how many months mom and you tied the knot?"

"Two months from the day we met for the first time"

"Was that time enough for you two to know each other?"

"No. We came to know and understand each other only after marriage."

"Then Yash and I will also understand each other after marriage."

Rishab smiled satisfied with her answer. "So you like him?"

"More than like, daddy." She admitted.

Rishab had a proud smile on his face because his girl was always open and honest with him and never felt shy to admit her feelings.

"He is an amazing guy, daddy." She couldn't help but praise the man she was going to marry soon. "He knows how to treat a woman and make her feel comfortable."

Naira's words eased his worried soul. He would be damned if his daughter had to marry a man who was totally undeserving of her affection.

"Honestly daddy, he is so like you. He is smart, mature, caring and protective. Oh but he has a funny side which you don't have." She teased.

"Ahaan?" He smirked.

"I am happy, daddy"

"Oh my baby" he drew his daughter into a hug and kissed her temple. "You are so beautiful like your mommy and I am sure you will make your man happy as much as your mommy is making me."

"Aww... Husband, I love you... So much" Madhu cried hugging him from behind.

"Oh my mushy, mushy family is making me weepy weepy" Arjun fake cried.

"Where you guys eavesdropping our convo?" Naira asked with raised eyebrows.

"Of course, Naira di" he said with a casual shrug as if it wasn't something new they were doing. "And honestly, mom and I were expecting dad to say 'Naira baby, you are beautiful like your mom but please don't behave like her. She is crazy. She never lets me sleep..." Ahhh!' Arjun yelped in pain when his mom kicked his calf.