Part 44

UNEDITED

Part - 44

______________

"Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable" 

______________

"What's wrong? You look worried" Rishab asked his wife taking a place next to her on the bed and holding her hands. 

"Yes, I'm worried, husband" Madhu agreed.

"About what? Naira?" he asked because he surely was worried about her and her latest decision to get married to a stranger they pick for her. 

"No, it's about Arjun"

"I should have known" he muttered under his breath. His wife's major concern was that little boy. "What about him, now?" he asked. 

"See this" she took her phone and showed him a screenshot. It was Arjun's 6th semester mark-sheet. "His marks are... just above average" 

"As long as it's not below average, you should feel happy. And tell me, how you know his roll number?" he wondered how his wife checked his results online. Every time, Arjun would check his exam result and let them know he cleared all the papers and they would trust him, at least, he would trust his son and wouldn't demand to see his mark-sheet.  

"Our Wi-fi password is his roll number" she revealed the secret. When Arjun joined college he had set his roll number as their wi-fi password so he wouldn't forget it and Madhu had smartly figured it out. "Every time, I check his exam results before he does." she added. 

"Ahaan" he was surprised with the revelation. He didn't know his wife was keeping tab on their son's exam results. 

"He is losing focus on studies and I blame that girl for that" 

"Oh c'mon, he's been in relationship with Kathryn for nearly two years now. Only we came to know about it since Veer's wedding" he meant to say she wasn't the reason for him getting low marks. If she was then he would have never got good marks in previous semesters because she was in his life ever since the day he joined med school.

"Then what could be the reason for him getting low marks?"

"Maybe the subjects were tougher this time. Maybe he didn't prepare well. Lot could be the reason but blaming Kathryn for it is not fair, Madhu." He told her in a soft tone so that she would listen to him. "And please don't care about his marks because they are not going to differ his intelligence!"

"Her marks are pretty decent" she grudged completely ignoring what her husband just told her.

Do not to care about marks! But do care about remarks!

"You know her roll number as well?" Rishab asked in shock. 

Madhu rolled her eyes seeing his reaction. "It's not hard to find a roll number from A to K. Our son's roll number's last 3 digits are 004 and Kathryn's is 054." she found it by entering series of roll numbers. 

"Oh" He wondered when his wife would stop being snoopy. 

"Is she deliberately distracting my son, my bright boy? So that she can be the topper in class?" 

"Don't be silly" his voice was filled with indignation.

"Then why she moved closer to our place?"

"God! You are not over with that issue yet?"

"No!" She shook her head. She couldn't let that go. She constantly worries and wonders about her sudden move. "Something in me says her move to this new apartment will bring trouble to Arjun"