♤LXXXIX♤

Antonio

I wondered if PJ's mother truly did love him. She did take all the beatings in his place. If that isn't true love for your child then I don't know what is. It was a little hard to believe but all arrows pointed towards the truth.

"Should I open these letters?" Eagle asked me. I looked over to see her looking down at the box PJ's mom had handed her.

"I don't think PJ would want you to do that," I replied. I don't know why I said that. Maybe because they weren't given to me and I was jealous that they got to go to Eagle instead of me. I think I'd always be jealous of Eagle for winning PJ's love but there's nothing I could do to change that. His love for her was eternal even when he was gone.

"Okay," she replied. "But, I'll keep them just in case we ever decide that they should be opened," she said smiling. That was the first time anyone smiled today. Even at the lowest times, she could still manage to muster up a smile. She stayed calm when confronting PJ's dad which was something that I clearly couldn't do and she always seemed to find something to keep her going.

We began to walk to our cars parting ways as she drove off in her BMW and I hopped into the passenger seat of my mom's SUV. I thought back to my conversation with Eagle and remembered that she said "we" when thinking of opening the letters. She wanted me to be a part of discovering PJ's past. She wanted to include me instead of just tossing me aside. She thought that I was an important part of PJ's life and that I deserved to know what happened just as much as she did. She thought that I was worth it. Something that I never thought of myself.