Gifted Rose

Peter

"- and so I think there's a piece missing." Ned loved to talk, especially about his brother stepping on our set.

"That's alright, one piece shouldn't hurt." I spoke back with him.

We were walking to my place, where we always assembled things, and were nearing the concrete steps. My focus was more on the garden, however.

Ned began to ascend the steps but turned around as he noticed I was not next to him.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I picked a rose from the dirt. "May's gunna kill you."

"Eh it'll be okay." I spoke back, laying the rose down on the bricks around all the flowers. "I'll help her redo them."

I looked at the flower for a second more before turning and walking up the steps with Ned. He shrugged and opened the door.

~~~

"Peter, another flower is gone!" May scoffed as she walked into my room. Ned and I were sitting on my floor, finishing the Death Star in lego form.

Ned furrowed his eyebrows and looked up to me.

"I think you were right," I looked up at her. "Best not to make a big deal out of it."

She smiled lightly, a proud smile, before speaking again. "Dinner is ready." She left the room.

She walked out and Ned turned to me. "You didn't tell her you did that? And what does she mean another one?"

"Y/n has come by everyday to pick a flower. That's how I knew her." I answered him.

"Why has she stolen them?" He asked, placing a brick down in place.

"For her mother's grave."

"Oh." He answered, feeling awkward.

"Yeah."

"Well, can we finish this some other day? I've got homework." He said.

"Not staying for dinner?" I asked as we both stood to out feet.

"Nah, Mom's making spaghetti tonight!" He got all excited. His mother was an excellent cook, unlike May.

"Lucky." I grumbled.

He opened my bedroom door, May closed it after she left, and we walked out. "See ya May!" He called before exiting the home.

"Bye Ned!" She called, placing two bowls on the table for her and I. Oh Ned, always leaving before dinner. I understand.

~~~~

I sat on top of the apartment complex, watching the ground below. She was a bit later than usual, probably because of going home from school first.

As soon as I spotted her running, I crouched low to the building, my bright outfit not exactly helping me blend it. She slowed down as she neared the garden, examining all the flowers quickly. As she spotted the rose I left for her, she slowed down a bit.

Her fingers were gentle as she lifted it, looking around lightly.

Within a second, she was running again. I creeped to the other edge of the building as she ran around the corner, bracing herself for impact in case I was there again. I must have really hurt her if she was preparing that hard.

When she realized I wasn't there, she slowed down to a walk, going the exact place we went yesterday. The cemetery.

I webbed to a close building and watched her place the rose down, not able to hear what she was saying as her lips moved. She was talking to her mother.

I felt wrong spying on her at such a delicate time, so I decided to sneak back home.

That and the dinner May cooked wasn't sitting well after slinging around so close after eating.

Did Y/n plan to go there everyday?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!