Boyfriend's calling

Narrator

You knew there was something else going on with Peter and Ned. There was just no way guys were this fond of talking about 'guy stuff'.

None the less, bus seats were way more comfortable than you imagined, and you were dozing back off.

If Peter had something he needed to say, he would. It was kinda like the two of you had a bond of some sort.

That was the end of it in your head, no more thinking about it. Soon enough the thoughts really did end as you fell asleep.

~~~

"Everyone stick together." Mr. Harrington's voice awoke you from your sleep. You moved your head up a small bit from the comfy spot you were in and saw a few of your club mates getting their belongings and heading off the bus.

Your head was resting on Peter's lap, who was dozed off uncomfortably against the window.

When did he get there, and why didn't he sleep more comfortably? He was such a gentlemen, he wanted you to be comfy.

"Pete." You whispered softly and gently moved a piece of his hair from his forehead.

"Mmm." He groaned in response.

'Holy Hell.' You thought to yourself. 'He's so cute...'

"Come on Peter, we are here!" You smiled and watched him slowly wake up.

His eyes opened gently and he blinked a few before his eyes spotted you and dilated.

"I guess all personal space was lost when I kissed you." He teased immediately.

"W- I... Uhm..." You choked out through a blush. That damn boy!

He watched you stutter for a few seconds before placing a delicate kiss on your head.

"I'm just kidding." He smiled. You playfully glared at him before standing up and grabbing your bag. "Lemme get that for yo-"

"Don't even think about it Parker." You stated, giving him a death look.

Before you could even react, he grabbed the bag and was in front of you. His reflexes were insane!

"H-how the hell did you move so quick?" It all took you off guard as you stood in the aisle, empty handed.

He looked worried for a split second, before changing completely.

"Guess it's just a boyfriend's calling." He shrugged before getting his own bag and hopping off of the bus.

That was weird...

Peter

That was close...

I need to be way more careful than this.

I tumbled from the bus, scenarios of her catching my lies playing in my head.

Turning around, I watched her get off the bus with confusion written across her face. She was definitely suspicious now.

"She's onto you." Ned whispered as he walked past me and up to the building. We were parked in front of a hotel, which I was guessing where we were staying while we were here.

"Really Pete, how did you even move that fast?" She walked up to me after hopping off the final step of the bus.

"I've been working out a lot." I blurted out. She furrowed her eyebrows and stood a few inches away from me, looking at me like a confused puppy.

"You don't leave the apartment..." She spoke.

"I have stuff in my room..." I tried.

"I'm literally always with you." She argued.

"Yeah well... you sleep a lot." I shrugged and smirked at her. She stared at me for a few moments before a smile cracked her face.

"Shut up, I do not!" She laughed and nudged me.

"Swear to god." I vowed, laughing along with her.

Y/n, Ned and I all walked after the rest of the group and into the hotel, meanwhile all I could think about was lying.

Recently, Y/n had been so entirely happy and open, things had been going so great. But here I was, using her innocence to mask my secret identity. I felt awful about it, and like I was using her, but I truly did like her.

I almost feel as if telling her would be easier in the end, but it would completely destroy her now.

~~~

"I'll see you in the morning, okay?" I held Y/n's hands gently as we stood outside her room. We weren't allowed to have guys and girls in the same rooms, since it was a school trip, so we were saying goodnight now.

"You seem a bit frigidity, are you alright?" She asked. I was surprised she noticed, to be honest. I was trying to hide it from her.

"Yeah I'm okay," I lied- shocker. "Just nervous for the thing tomorrow."

"Peter, you're like, the smartest guy I know. Trust me, you'll be okay." She rubbed her hands up and down my arms. If only that was what I was worried about. In reality, I was about to sneak out and follow my tracker.

"Thank you (your nickname). You'll do great too." I smiled at her. She smiled up at me and pecked my lips with hers.

"Goodnight." She sighed peacefully.

Peaceful.

She was getting so much better, and I was so proud of her.

"Goodnight darling."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~