Drag

Peter

"Previously on 'Peter Screws the Pooch'. Tony stated as his suit flew in the air next to me. I hung my legs off of the side of a building as I watched helicopters fly to aid the ship passengers.

"I tell you to stay away from all of this. Instead, you hacked a multi-million dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back, doing the one thing I told you not to do." He lectured me like a father.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked quietly as I went back to watching.

"No thanks to you." He hissed.

I stared at him for a second, in disbelief of his cruelty.

"No thanks to me?" I argued. I grabbed my mask from beside me and hopping onto the ledge he was on. He hovered lower to the ground as I walked up to him, yet still looked down on me like he was a high and mighty god.

"Those weapons were out there and I tried to tell you about it but you didn't listen." I used my hands to show my frustration. "None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me!" I was right in front of him now.

Tears welled in my eyes as if I were a little boy in trouble, but I couldn't help it. All of those lives that could have been lost... that wasn't my fault, was it?

I laughed humorlessly as I spoke again. "If you even cared, you'd actually be here right now." I referred to the night in the lake.

His entire suit opened then, and he walked out in a full suit and looking at me like I truly was a kid.

I backed away, intimidated, and watched him.

"I did listen, Kid." He spoke calmly. "WHO do you think called the FBI, huh? Did you know that I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy for recruiting a fourteen year old kid-"

"I'm eighteen." I corrected him.

(A/N I know he's 15 but that doesn't work for this story so don't forget I changed it in the beginning SORRY)

"No, this is where you zip it!" He yelled. "The adult is talking! What if someone had died tonight? Different story, right? Cause that's on YOU." He shoved a finger into my chest.

"And if you died," His tone got quieter. "I feel like that's on me. I don't need that on my conscious."

"Yes sir. I-I'm sorry I..."

"Sorry doesn't cut it." He shrugged.

"I understand... I just- I just wanted to be like you." I tried.

"And I wanted you to be better." He sighed, crossing his arms. I looked away as he stayed silent for a second.

"Okay." He spoke up. "It's not working out. I'm gunna need the suit back." He tucked his hands in his pockets and looked away as if he didn't really want to do this. It was really like a dad punishing his kid.

"For how long?" I asked as if it were a grounding.

"Forever." He stated. My heart fell even more in my chest as I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"No..."

"Yeah, that's how it works."

"No no no please...please." I shook my head. I was near to getting down on my knees for a second chance.

"Let's have it." He demanded. I got close and continued to beg.

"Please, this is all I have- I'm nothing with out this suit..."

"If you're nothing with out this suit than you shouldn't have it, okay? God I sound like my dad." He scoffed.

I looked to the side and thought of anything I could to make him change his mind.