Last night

Narrator

Peter got up before you, you only knew that because the bed next to you became cold.

Something about him felt like it's very own home. Sleeping in the same bed with him wasn't awkward or strange. It felt safe and secure. There was just something about him that felt heroic...

"Coming?" He poked his head into the bedroom and smiled. You nodded grudgingly and stood up as he left.

You were wearing (Whatever you sleep in) and knew that you could NOT go about the day looking like that.

You looked to the floor and spotted a simple t-shirt and exchanged it for what you were wearing, and a pair of sweatpants. You were sure he wouldn't mind.

The two of you were pretty much dating, just not officially. You were way to nervous to ask him, so you just had to wait for him to make a move. You've kissed his cheek plenty of times, slow danced at prom together, he knows everything about you, you slept in the same bed, you hug him all time.

Why can't he see how much you like him?

Seeing him was like being let out of a mental prison. Everything became so clear and happy. You never wanted to lose that.

You opened the door and exited the room, looking for the two boys who fell asleep after you.

"Goodmorning Y/n," Ned smiled from the kitchen table.

"Goodmorning Ned."

"Are those Peter's?" He motioned to the clothes that hung from your body. You nodded and sat down beside him.

"You two are so cute." He stated, causing you to blush. You never really got one on one time with Ned, it was kinda nice.

"Yeah well we aren't together or anything. I just didn't have my own clothes."

"Do you want to be together?" He asked.

Honesty was something that was so easy to you. You didn't feel like you had to lie or keep secrets.

"Yeah honestly I do. He's so special to me, the first guy I can be a hundred percent with. No offense," he smiled at you to show no harm done. "He makes me feel like I have a home, and I am wanted. I've never really... had that before. But of course, Ned, you're just as important. My best friend, my first best friend, you're special to me too."

The two of you smiled at each other and you nudged him as you walked by.

"Where is he, anyways?" You asked, looking around.

"He took a shower, he should be out-" Peter opened to door and Ned interrupted himself. "Now." He shrugged as the two of you turned to him.

Steam poured out of the bathroom as Peter walked out, a towel around his waist and his wet hair letting drops fall over his chest. How could his chest be so... toned? You were with him and knew that he did NOT work out at all. He was a dork, a nerd.

Yet as your eyes stared into the divets all over his chest, you knew it was something.

The two of you looked at each other at the same time, making eye contact.

Shoot! He saw you staring!

You blushed and quickly averted your eyes to the ground. Great, he probably thought you were some sort of creep.

"I'll get dressed and be right back." He spoke normally before going into his room.

"Nice one." Ned chuckled.

You glared and turned around to see him before giving a light smack on his arm. "Shaddup."

~~~

Peter

"So, where'd you go last night?" She asked softly as she played with fuzzies on the blue blanket. She sat with her back to the arm of the couch, and legs on my lap as I sat normally. Ned had left, and we didn't really know what to do.

"L-last night? I told you, I just went for a walk." I stuttered out. Did she see through my lie?

"I know, loser. I meant where. Where'd you walk?" She giggled at my weirdness.

"Oh..." I calmed down. Lying was so difficult, especially to her.

"Just out and about." I nodded along, dropping eye contact.

"Sounds relaxing." She stated. I kept nodding as we fell into silence.

"Y/n?" I asked after a few seconds of silence. She looked up at me with a soft, kind look. "Is what you said last night true?" She knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Yeah uh... I don't really know why. He just kinda... got home super angry last night and told me to pack my shit and get out. I tried to ask why but two guys came in with duffel bags and my dad shoved me out. That was it. Then I came here." She played with my fingers.

She was so lost, it was so clear in her actions.

She didn't ave any closure, any idea, she was a puppy that was lost and followed around who ever she could find.

"Y/n..." I started. She looked up at me, the pain in her eyes making things harder for me.

Her breathing got the tiniest bit heavier as she studied my face. I watched her eyes bounce all over my features. No, I couldn't do this to her. This would shatter her world.

I promised her I would protect her always, and telling her these things would do the opposite.

"You know I love you, right?" I turned my eyes down to where our hands played with one another's.

"Why?" She whispered. I didn't expect that in return.

"Why wouldn't I?" I spoke with surprise.

"Peter we haven't known each other for very long, and every time we are together it's a sob fest." She let out an airy laugh, it was clear she didn't find it funny.

"Th-then let's change that!" I clasped my hand in hers and looked back at her. She looked at me with confused eyes. "You can come to me for everything and anything, always. But let's go do something. Something fun and happy. Just us."

A smile slowly came to her face, and she radiated my excitement.

"Like what?" She held my hand back.

I leaned back and furrowed my eyebrows, thinking. What could we do? Was it a date? Did we need food? How do you do these kinds of things?

I smiled and looked back to her, thinking of something.

She needed something slow paced, and delicate. Just like she was.

"You ever been on a picnic?"

~~~

Okay so I have been going through my chapters, editing and stuff, and I feel like I really rushed everything so would you guys like me to slow things down and add more detail? Or is it good how it is?

Lemme know guys, I want this to be perfect for you and I love writing so it is no bother to me!

Thank you for reading and voting!!!