I lost It

Peter

We had only been home for a few hours, and as dusk was arriving, I still hadn't spoken to Y/n. Her words about being a superhero really got to me, due to having my suit taken away, but how is it her fault?

It isn't like I told her, or let her see that part of me much. It just really hurt, for I still wasn't over what Tony had said. The vacation was astounding, other than the last day of course, but I feel like in a matter of seconds I spoiled it all for Y/n. 

Who knows why I was so harsh to her, when I knew it wasn't her fault.

Since we arrived home, I had just been sitting on my bed, staring at the spot where my suit usually would have been. It felt empty, despite the fact I came to terms with being more than just Spiderman. 

I don't know where Y/n was, I was beginning to worry. 

"May?" I called as I exited my room. She came out of the kitchen, a basic and light smile on her face, and waited for me to speak. 

"Do you know where Y/n is?" I asked. 

"I think she said she was going for a walk." She thought for a second. "Are you two okay? You didn't speak at all in the car." 

"I let my anger get the best of me-"

"Again?" She interrupted me. I sighed and sat on the couch, as to which she followed. 

"Yeah, I know Aunt May. It was just... kinda about the Stark Internship and I lost it. I want to apologize." I spoke. 

She put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic smile. "Go get her kid, before someone else does." 

I smiled back at her before standing up and walking to the door. I crammed my feet into tennis shoes before opening the door and walking out, making sure to close it lightly because of May. 

I expected to find Y/n at the grave or bridge, but as I rode the elevator down and got outside, she was sitting right on the steps. As I neared her, I saw smoke trailing from in front of her. 

She must have found where I hid them. Was she doing this because of me?

"Hey..." I spoke, causing her to jump. She looked back and relaxed as she saw it was only me. "What are you doing?" I asked to try and start a conversation. 

"Sorry." She muttered before taking another hit. I frowned and walked to the steps, taking a seat right next to her.

"No, I am. I shouldn't have snapped at you." I admitted. "I know you're just trying to help."

"I don't want you to get hurt!" She explained, facing me now. 

"I know babe, but some day, something could happen and what if you can't stop it? You blame yourself for the fight, I know it, but you can't do that to yourself. These things are out of your hands." I spoke back to her. 

I hope she understood what I was trying to say. 

"I suppose you are right." She said whimsically before putting out her cigarette. She sniffed, catching my attention as I thought she was crying, but when I looked, she simply sneezed. 

"Bless you." I smiled.

"Gah, thanks. Not use to this cold I guess." She stated, referring to the long trip in Hawaii.

"Not to mention all the time you spend out in the cold! Come on, let's get you inside love." I stood up and took her hand. She greatfully took it and I helped her up, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as I guided her inside. 

She was a bit cold feeling, and would probably catch a cold real soon. She needed to stop running from her issues, even if she just ran outside. 

"Are you still coming to practice on Tuesday?" She asked as I pushed the button to our floor in the elevator. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, (your nickname), I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Really short update cause I have been having some writers block. 

Guys, I have terrible news...

I can count the amount of chapters left on my fingers...

I don't want this book to end ever, and I have a sequel planned, but this book means everything to me XC 

ANYWAYS ENOUGH WITH THE DRAMA
(I have enough of that in my personal life)

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter even with it's unusually small length. I appreciate all of the votes, comments, and reads, much love!

~Micki