Let Them Go

Narrator

With an unsteady landing, unsteady due to you still freaking out, you finally made it to the overly sunny and warm state. Everyone had already gotten their carry ons and were walking off the plane, you following in dead last. 

You felt so silly to need a few seconds to recover from the terror of flying, but Peter was helping tremendously. 

You finally managed to get the courage to stand up, and Peter had your bag ready for you. 

"Thanks." You stated, half embarrassed. 

"You're welcome darling." He smiled before getting his own bag and guiding you off of the metal death trap. 

Ned was right before you, and as he and Peter stepped off, they cheered happily. 

"Hello Hawaii!" Ned yelled like an idiot as the sun beat down on you all. It was so strange, the difference between here and Queens, but it felt good. 

The air was clear and welcoming, the vibe was friendly and open, which was all the opposite of New York.

"We are gunna load onto the bus and get the the hotel, from there you can do anything as long as you follow this schedule." Mr. Harrison spoke as he passed out a paper to each individual. 

As you got the paper, you looked down the list. You expected it to be things like training and learning, but it was all fun activities to do. 

Scuba diving, visiting a waterpark, going to a zoo, and much more. 

You caught Peter smiling at the list, and met his gaze with the same expression. This was no doubt going to be the best first vacation ever. 

~~~

"Woah... look at that one!" Abraham said beside you as he pointed out a sting ray to Liz. They talked among themselves as you watched other things. 

A unique looking fish swam around, keeping your attention. It was bright yellow with vertical brown stripes, and blue over it's eyes. It was swimming in circles, not seeming to have any sense of direction. 

"Weirdo." Peter chuckled as he watched the fish with you. 

You turned and gave him a hard look before slapping his arm. 

"Can't you see?" You growled, looking back at the fish with sad eyes. "He doesn't know what to do... He is trapped here for who knows how long... this isn't right!"

Peter frowned as he realized you were right. 

"Excuse me ma'am?" A lady spoke as she walked up to you with a bright smile. You saw her nametag, Kelly, and knew she worked here. "I couldn't help but overhear your concerns."

"Yes, I do have concerns." You stated confidently. "These poor animals are all locked up here for viewing pleasure."

She kept smiling and watched the fish with you. 

"They're loosing their minds..." You whispered. 

"No no no!" She stopped you. "You don't quite get what we do here. We are a rescue team. All of the animals here were rescued from fishing nets, or poaching, or anything dangerous to them. We rescue them and bring them here." 

"Why not let them go? What about their families, or free space?" You went on. 

"We let a lot go, believe it or not. But as you can see by Arnold there, some of them wouldn't be able to survive on their own. That stingray, Manny, his flipper was stuck in a shark diving cage. He can't stay below the surface on his own. We had weights on his to keep him from suffocating. All of the animals here are unable to live on their own. Don't worry, they are all very well taken care of." She explained. 

"Oh..." You stated. As Peter put his hand on your shoulder to comfort you, you felt like a rude idiot. How embarrassing. "I'm sorry..." You said, looking down. 

"Don't be. There should be more people like you- people who care. Keep it up, you've got a good heart." She winked before turning away. 

"H-hey wait!" Flash called, watching her walk away. "I love fish too!"

Ew. 

You smiled a bit at her words, and Peter gifted you with a soft kiss on the cheek. 

"A good heart indeed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM CRYING WE REACHED NUMBER ONE IN FANFICTION
YO
YO YO WHAT DO I DO HOW DO WE CELEBRATE!!???!?!?!?!?!?
I CANT EXPRESS MY JOY TO YOU ALL

I seriously could not have done this with out you.........

THANK YOU SO MUCH 
I LOVE YOU ALL BYEBYE BYEBYEBYEBYEYE

***Better chapters coming soon***