assumptions and exams

|Edited| - (6/26/20)

Chapter 7:
assumptions and exams

All Might's POV

"So?" I asked (y/n), walking closer to her.

"What?" she questioned, looking up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"About you and Midoriya, do you....?" I trailed off, trying to give her oblivious mind a hint. "Do you like him?" I finally asked.

Your POV

"Do you like him?" Dad asked.

I blinked in surprise, my eyebrows immediately furrowing in "disgust."

"Excuse me?" I asked him, clearing my throat a little louder than I intended.

"Well, I just assumed. I mean your face heated up when he smiled, and—" Dad mumbled, before I cut him off.

"No, no, no I did not blush when he smiled. You're just seeing stuff, Dad. I'd go get your eyes checked, you are getting old," I said, starting to walk away.

"So you do like him don't you?" Dad asks smirking.

"How the hell did you get that out of what I just said?"

"Denial, kid. Denial," Dad explained, wiggling his fingers to emphasize "denial."

I rolled my eyes and turned back around, running home to get my things.

🤡

About 15 minutes later I found myself infront of the vast gates of UA.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves as I walked through the said gates.

"Hey (Y/n) are you alright? You look a little sick," Midoriya said, out of the blue.

He popped up next to me, nearly giving me a heart attack.

"Jeez, Midoriya. You're gonna give me a heart attack one of these days with your sudden pop-ups," I said, putting my hand over my heart.

"What? Oh! Sorry, (Y/n)," he said, laughing bashfully.

"Move out of my now, before I set you on fire."

I knew that gruff, intimidating voice anywhere.

"Oh Kacchan! G-good luck o-on the e-exam!" Midoriya said nervously.

I just kept my eyes on the floor and didn't look up or make eye contact. I didn't even breathe in his direction. Sure, I wasn't all that confident or strong, but I sure as hell knew when to keep my mouth shut.

As soon as he passed, Midoriya let out a breath of relief. We both turned around to start walking, but not even 2 steps passed before Midoriya tripped over his own two feet. I guessed the sudden appearance of Kacchan had him startled.

His face went pale as the ground got closer. I went to help him up when he started floating.

"Huh?!" He screamed in wonder, flailing around like a fish out of water.

"Oh I'm sorry! I used my quirk on you! I probably should've asked first! I'm Ochaco Uraraka by the way!" A girl with brown, bobbed hair said in a cheery voice.

"U-uh....thank you, Uraraka. I'm (Y/n) Yagi," I managed to say. "Nice....nice to meet you."

I shook her hand, biting my lip.