unveiled scars and the race for the last fruit-by-the-foot

|Edited| - (6/26/20)

chapter 8:
unveiled scars and the race for the last fruit-by-the-foot

Your POV

As Midoriya and I strode to the battle center, we discussed our worries about the upcoming battle. Midoriya gushed at the fact that we were, in fact, in the same room as Present Mic, possibly even breathing the same air as him.

As Midoriya continued on his tangent, I tripped up and ended up swimming around in my thoughts, blocking out whatever sounds the outside world produced. 

How exactly was I planning on battling?

Of course I have the muscle to do a bit of damage, but will it be enough to actually pass?

I patted around in my pockets, wondering what I could possibly use to earn the points needed to pass. My hand dove into my pocket, and I felt something pole my finger. My eyes turned round as I got an idea.

Wire.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING STANDING AROUND?! THERES NO 'GO' IN REAL LIFE VILLAIN BATTLES!!!" As soon as the ear piercing yell left Uncle Mic's mouth, everyone took off.

Great I'm already behind.

"W-we're already behind!" Midoriya screeched, jumping in surprise. 

I ran as fast as my legs could take me until I was stopped by a mountainous robot. An intimidating aura longed around it as it towered over me in its great height.

I stood frozen in fear as I looked up at the metallic beast, but I was soon broken of my thoughts when it was destroyed and blown to bits, scattering around me like metal snowflakes.

As I scanned the area my eyes widened in shock of just how many people had destroyed tens, dozens of robots already.

People all around Midoriya and I shouted their scores in between pants.

"36!"

"45!"

"67!"

People all around me were going around, obliterating robots left and right, non stop. Then, without warning, a ginormous robot came out from behind a fake city building. We felt like ants under its reign.

"A-a," Midoriya started.

"Zero...pointer," I finished his sentence for him, swallowing my fear.

"Owwww!" we heard a voice whine from near by.

"Huh?!?" Midoriya shrieked as he realized who it was. 

Uraraka.

"C'mon, Midoriya," I said, standing up, my eyes hooded in both fear and determination.

The monster cast a heavy shadow over both Izuku and I. I looked the hunk of metal right in its beady, red eyes. "Even if I can't get just one point, I can at least save her."

I clenched my fists, knocking out any nagging thoughts of terror, paranoia, or apprehension. Clenching my teeth, I charged towards the girl, my only priority was to save her and possibly give her a chance to finish the exam.

"(Y/N)!!!" I heard Midoriya yell after me, but I didn't slow down.

I didn't even look back like I usually would. I just kept running, ignoring his protests. My legs moved on their own towards the girl I once met before.

I have to save her. Even if I don't get into UA, that doesn't mean I can give up on this girl who still might have a chance!

I grabbed the wire from my pocket. Thick, barbed, and straight from the support course labs courtesy of Uncle Aizawa and his attempt at giving me a tour.