i'm in

|Edited| - (11/2/19)

chapter 46:
i'm in

Your POV

I woke up to my alarm beeping in my ear. Arising from the uncomfortable living room couch, I stretched. I looked down at my phone, scrolling through my notifications. I saw one missed call from Uncle Aizawa. I stared at it, recalling the argument we had that day.

I still couldn't believe I called him by his first name, even some grown ups I knew never did that.

I hesitated, my thumb hovering over the call button of his caller ID. I took a deep breath and exhaled, My shaky thumb pressed the green call button as I brought it up to my ear. The dial tone of the phone call rang in my ear continuously until it stopped, now replaced instead with a familiar scruffy voice.

"Nice to see you talking to me again," He tease, making me roll my eyes.

"I was just seeing what you called about," I said, starting to pack up my files and books from the night before.

"Oh. There may be a way for you to get into, and stay in, the hero course," He said, grabbing my full attention. "You'll have to pass the final exams that you missed while you were on your mission. They'll be held during the students provisional licensing exams tomorrow if you decide you want to."

I stopped for a second, collecting the information before I responded.

"Who am I going to fight?" I asked.

I knew the final exams were usually a written exam and then something physical, like fighting.

"I'm not too sure. It will be announced once you get there," He explained and I sighed.

"Alright, I'll thing about it. See ya." I said, hanging up. I looked at my list of contacts and found Izuku.

Is it okay if I call him? Would it just be awkward? What the fuck do I do?
Wait.
Don't bother him, it's the licensing exam today.

I argued to myself, a little disappointed that I wouldn't be able to lean on him for support.

Instead, I called Dad. Strange right? I haven't seen him in at least 3 days, so he must extremely worried-

"(Y/n)! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME! ATLEAST TELL ME WHEN YOU WON'T SHOW UP FOR SCHOOL OR THE HOUSE!"

"Dad.." I said quietly but he still ranted.

"ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT HAPPENED??"

"Dad!"

"WHERE ARE YOU? DO YOU NEED A RIDE-?!"

"DAD!" I finally screamed, getting his attention.

"I've been at the station working on an investigation. Remember? T-the one about mom," I trailed off and he doesn't respond.

"W-what? What about Hikari?" He asked and my face turns to complete confusion.

"Wait. What do you mean Hikari? You said Mom's name was Akane," I said and he sighed.

"Hikari Nakamura. That was her name." Dad explained, extremely confused.

"Dad, where are you?" I asked immediately grabbing my things.

"At the school, why? What's wrong?" He asked, now worried.

"Stay there," Is all I said before running out the door and to my bike parked outside.