thirty six

I was awaken by my phone's loud vibrating on my bed side table.

Its already noon.

"Did I wake you?" Connor's voice boomed out the speakers of my phone,

"Uh huh, I kept turning to my sides last night, I couldn't sleep" Its true every time I close my eyes all I can see are pale blue eyes, not the one I thought I knew but its pair, the one who belongs to his twin.

"Sorry, but do you want to grab some lunch? I'm free and I don't have anyone to go with" He sounds embarrassed asking me,

"Yeah sure I'll just get ready, I'll meet you at the grill?"

"Yeah, okay. I'll be on my way in 15 minutes" And he ended the call.

I didn't know that it was going to be chilly today, I'm so lazy to go back up and to get a jumper, I just ignored my goosebumps caused by the cold air. It was sunny a few minutes ago so I wore a tank top and my jeans and suddenly it became cloudy. I don't understand the weather these days.

"Hey!" Connor waved his hand as I walk towards his table, "I already ordered stake for you, it should be here in a few minutes" He chuckles as I take my seat.

"Thanks"

"God, look at the size of that thing" He exclaims as he points to my face,

"Shit, what?!" I freaked,

"Your eyebags, they're huge!" He teases and I swat him on the shoulders,

Our laughter was interrupted when the waiter arrived with our steaks, we ate quietly and gave comments here in there about random things.

"This was the first time I ate a proper lunch, I think" I laughed,

"Uh-Pheobe, I uh-I don't know if its okay, but I have a question" Connor starts,

"Yeah?"

"I know you hate talking dB out this but I won't ask you how your mom died, I want to ask you what happened after that. She died when you were ten right after you guys moved to Manhattan and Belinda found you when you were almost thirteen, I mean, I don't understand, I still think its bothering you but, if you don't want to tell me anything its okay"

I didn't notice that my grip was so tight on the table's corner causing my knuckles to turn white. Flashbacks of my horrible past started to play back inside my head, I'm on the verge of crying, its like my heart is ripping into pieces all over again.

I closed my eyes, "I'm sorry, I can't"

He gives me a warm smile, "Its okay, I totally understand"

I sighed, I shouldn't be pissed at Connor for asking this, I never should've been vague about it to anyone either. Everything's my fault. I should've been open to anyone especially to Connor but I don't know what I can't bring myself to do so.

I'm deep in thoughts and I thought I was about to break down in front of Connor when a group of guys entered the grill and started wolf whistling.

It took me a minute to digest that it was the Alphas, Ashton, Travis, Calum, 3 more guys and Luke was the last one to enter.

My eyes widened when I saw him and so does his but he didn't look as hesitant or intimidated like him.

Ashton and Calum waved hello and Travis ignored me, which is a good sign.

"D-do you want to get out of here?" Connor asks,

I nodded and started to to get dollar bills on my pocket but Connor insisted on paying since he was the one who asked me to eat with him and because he was the reason I woke up.