fifty two

He laughs to my face, "Why? Do we have something to talk about?" He slurred, obviously drunk.

"Luke, please!" I begged my voice irritated, and hurt.

The girl sitting on his lap whispered

something to his ear causing him to laugh.

What's is happening? Is he even serious?

"Fine!" I sighed in defeat, I'm so pissed but I can't let them see right thru me.

I pushed my way to drunk bodies grinding on each other just to get the hell out of here.

I found myself alone back in my car with Connor who is nowhere to be found.

I pressed my forehead on the steering wheel.

Don't cry. Don't cry. I warned myself but I felt the hot liquid stream down my cheeks, how could he do this to me?! I'm so stupid! He used me! He fucking used me! I feel so disgusted!

After he did that to me..he left me for another! Why didn't I see thus coming? How can I be such an idiot!!!?

*

Luke's P.O.V

"Where were you this morning, man?" Calum's voice appeared as soon as I get in my bedroom.

"Hmm, you know, just hanging around, played a little basket ball"

"Yeah yeah, you going to the party on thursday?"

Shit! That damn party! I forgot! Should I go with Scott or I won't go at all?

"I don't know, I might. I'll think about it" I shrugged, laying myself on my bed, finally.

"Okay, man. I'll be heading out the grocery store, do you need anything?"

"Some condom and chocolate milk" I teased, he rolled his eyes before closing the door.

-

I woke up and the sun was already setting leaving the sky with tangerine and yellow strides. I walked lazily in the shower and took a bath.

Its a Tuesday night and I'm pissed I should've just continued my sleep and wake up on a Wednesday morning but I can't, my phone won't stop buzzing on my side table and I needed a fucking shower.

I grabbed my phone to check what's the shit about,

*Where are you? We have practice, Coach is mad, go now or you'll run 50 laps around the field!*

I rolled my eyes at Ashton's text its 7 in the evening, how could I even want to train now? I took a fucking shower, goddammit! I shouldn't have took one if I was going to fucking practice!

I grabbed my gym bag and immediately left the drat house,

"Hey, man!" Calum waved as I walk the field,

I nodded, acknowledging him.

"Look who showed up!" Dick head Travis noticed me after he chugged a huge lump of water from his water bottle.

Walk away, Luke. Its not worth it. I thought to myself.

I immediately changed my plain white shirt into my foot ball jersey.

HEMMINGS 16

My signature jersey number.

I went inside the showers and dropped my bag next to my locker as I changed into my football pants and wore my gear, knee pads, shoulder pads, everything. I wore my wristband, the one I always wear for them to recognize that I'm the quarterback in this team.

I grabbed my helmet and made my way out but in all of the luck I have I again run into duck head Travis.

"Hemmings!" He called out,

What now?!

I turned around to face him.

"Hey, were cool right?"

"Yeah, yeah" I lied,

"You know that I have nothing against you or whatever right?"

"Sure, whatever you say" I clicked my tongue on the roof of my mouth,

"You know I don't have anything against you or the new girl, right?" His tone serious.

"Why?" What the fuck is this retard talking about? and what is this...what is this small talk that is happening between us?!

"Nothing, never mind. You should go back in the field, coach is already looking for you"

I walked closer to him.

"Tell me now!" I demanded, gritting through my teeth, if he wouldn't tell me I will fucking crush his skull on the wall, right here right now!

"I just-"

"What!!!" This time I was shouting,

"I heard the other guys talking, they saw her making out with his best friend in the old men's room in the old building" He shrugged.

Suddenly everything stopped. My stomach tied in knots and I suddenly felt weak, lost even. My head and heart are both racing intensely, I can't believe what I just heard. She's a fucking liar! How could she?!

I felt disgust, bile rising on the way to my throat, my chest tightened like all of the oxygen in the air is poison making me choke. After all the efforts I put into this shit, she cheated? she played on me? she used me?

"Hemmings! Out! Now!" Coach shouted,

I turned away from Travis, my mind exploding with thoughts, I can hear my own heartbeat inside my head. I don't even know how is that possible but I can fucking hear it!

"50 laps around the field, Hemmings! I'm not joking! do you want to be cut off of the team?!"

Like the fuck I care if I get cut off. I just don't care. I'm too hurt to care.

Everything is hightened, magnified.

I couldn't believe her! What did I ever do to her? I know that I was a dick to her but I'm changing goddamit! can't she see it?!

I'm so mad! I want to scream in rage I want to do something stupid! I can't take the anger out of my chest!

"Luke!" Calum shouted my name from afar. "Luke stop running!! Practice is over!!"

I ignored him.

"Luke!!!!"

I sighed in defeat, stopping dead on my tracks, I can hear Calum's footsteps behind me.

"What's wrong?" He asks, I shook my head, "Nothing, don't mind me" I gritted thru my teeth.

"Do you need a ride back the house?"

"No, I said I'm fine" I snarled and hr backed off right away.

I catched my breath and started walking back to the showers.