forty one

By the time I finished taking a shower I still cannot fathom about what just happened.

He's really teasing me on purpose! I'm so pissed but I can't go mad at him because I knew that I liked it.

I did like it, didn't I? The way he do stunts like that, he just make everything hot and attractive when he does it. I'm so over thinking this!

I took a deep breath before opening the door, I knew he's going to mock me. I placed my things on top of my bed and tried to look for my hairbrush,

"Luke, have you seen my hair brush?" I coughed,

"No I haven't" He yelled from the kitchen as I can hear the dishes cluttering; He must be setting the table.

I rummaged into Amanda's side table drawer and I'm right, my hairbrush's in there!

I took it and hazily brushed my hair to untangle it as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Can you be a little slower?" He smirks as I sit down,

"What's your agenda...doing all..doing all this?" I motioned on the table which was poorly set but what do I expect from a Luke Hemmings? burnt bacon, scrambled eggs which still has egg shells on them, the thing that looks like a meat loaf he was cooking awhile ago, and the only thing that looks good is the toast, "Is this supposed to be breakfast or lunch?" I teased,

"Ha! Ha! Funny! No this is dinner" He rolled his eyes and I rolled mine as well,

I sat in silence as he fills my plate with the food he prepared, "Finish all of that!" He demands, the tone of his voice, serious.

I stick my tongue out before I take my first bite.

*

"I can't believe you're not going to the party tonight!" Amanda whines taking of the 29th dress she tried,

"I know. I have things to do" I lied,

I'm in fact going out tonight with Luke and it bugs me. "What time will you be going?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Now" She wears a knee high pencil cut dress that's exposing way too much of her cleavage, of course she's Amanda Hale, she's not insecure of her body and she could do anything and wear anything. She flips her hair and shakes it a little to add up some volume. She grabs her purse and kisses me on the cheek,

"Have fun, girlfriend" She giggles as she shuts the door.

I immidietly grabbed my phone to read every single text Luke sent me just a few hours ago, I'm so surprised that he took my phone number while we were eating lunch, that's why he was being a gentleman..well, a gentleman in his type is not like the typical gentleman girls dream about wherein they wipe your face when you have dirt on it, because as far as I know if you have dirt on you face, Luke will laugh at you and take a photo of you and run around the while campus waving it for people to see, when I say he's being a gentleman that means, not shouting at you or snarling at you for at least 10 minutes.

*8 pm down your dorm's lobby*

*wear something not too casual*

*better yet, wear nothing at all ;)*

*I'm kidding, just get ready I'll pick you up*

I rolled my eyes at his third text for the millionth time but I can't help but smile at his silly text.

Luke is unpredictable, he could be sweet, romantic, he could sweep you off of your feet with just one smile but he could be the meanest jerk alive or worst your enemy.

I sighed and opened my closet, I don't know what to wear.

"Wear something not too casual" I mumbled to myself, "But everything I have is casual!!" I whined, "Where the hell is he taking me anyway?!" I rummaged thru my closet hopeful to see something worth wearing for tonight but there's literally nothing until it hit me,

I could burrow a dress from Amanda and give it right back, I know she wouldn't mind.

I feel so guilty running through her clothes but I have no other options, Luke asked me out just this afternoon and its a quarter to 7 already.

God! dates are so stressing!!

Wait, it took me hours before it sinked in to me, Luke and I are going out on a date, tonight, right now! How did he even got me to say yes?

Actually he didn't got me to say yes. I was munching on the lunch he prepared when he asked me if he could take me out tonight after he took my number which totally caught me off guard so I choked, I almost died then he handed me a glass of water which I drunk abruptly and he laughed at me like choking was funny and said "I'd take that as a yes" and left the room, leaving me with all the dishes to finish and his mess in the kitchen for me to clean and fix.

I tried to find the most simple dress I could find from Amanda's closet but I failed, everything is too shinny and everything is only for parties, I sighed.

Luke can't tell me what to wear or do, I will wear anything I want.

I decided to wear my tight jeans and tried to look for a top where I'll be comfortable at wearing. I decided to wear this creamy tank top and a navy blue cardigan. I hate my fashion sense tonight I feel like I don't look like my best, I decided to undress and find a dress, if I could, but I failed again, I ended up wearing the same jeans and a plain white shirt that hugs my body perfectly and my old sneakers, I swear because of my look tonight, Luke is going to be pissed but he knows that I'm not ready for these kinds of things. I haven't even went out shopping. I rolled my eyes and undressed myself again, tried to find a pink not too showy dress and succeeded. By the time I finish fixing everything, this hideous hot pink dress, this hideous flats, and my light make up, its already 7:58. I grabbed my phone and went straight to the elevator.

This is going to be a long night and I swear to god, Luke will be teasing me the whole night.

I look like a stripper.

I've waited for him and time is already 8:13, the wind is chilly so I went back inside, when its around 8:45 I went back upstairs and changed my clothes back to the jeans and plain with shirt.

Did he blew me off?

Right after I was about to head out to find Connor and ask him to go with me and eat dinner at the grill, Luke showed up in my front door.

My jaw just drop on the floor.

He was wearing a white button up, sleeves folded up to his elbows, showing his perfectly inked skin, there's a neck tie hanging on his shoulder, it looks like he just removed it, I was surprised that his jeans doesn't have any holes, he looks like he ran from all the way here just to see me.

My heart drops at the thought.

He's catching his breath, his hands rested on the door frame, his eyes tired and I know that he's sorry for bailing on me.

How can I be mad at him for what he looks like right now?

He looks so lost.