seventy seven

double update bc chapter 76 is short af!

-

Luke's P.O.V

"Where were you?!" I snarled once I heard the front door opened,

"I should be asking you the same thing!?" She shot back as she takes her coat off, revealing her perfectly tanned skin, exposing a little of her cleavage.

I'm too observant, I should stop.

"Do you think I'm joking? Answer me!" I demanded, walking towards her direction.

She immediately trailed towards the bedroom, leaving me no choice but to follow her.

"Tell me!" I tried to be calm,

"Luke please, I'm tired. Let me sleep" She sighed.

"Who are you with? I was calling you! Why weren't you answering your phone?!" I watch her as she takes her clothes off and slipping her pajamas on,

"Luke not now" She sighed I'm defeat as she made her way and laid down on the bed.

I stood beside the bed like a total idiot waiting for her to answer but she didn't, I only heard soft snores coming from her chapped pale lips.

*

I woke up on the couch with no idea how I ended up here. I groaned as I try to reach my phone that was on the side table to check what time it is.

2:03. Friday. 24th of October.

Shit!

I stood up almost stumbling and ran into the shower.

Phoebe already left and she didn't even wake me up.

Why is she giving me the fucking silent treatment? Is it because I didn't want to have sex with her?

Trust me, I want to its just that-

My phone started ringing.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed as I grab a towel and wrapped it around my waist.

Caller ID: Ashton

"Yeah?"

"Where are you?!" I can hear loads of voices coming from the background making it hard for me to hear him better.

"Wait I can't hear you" ibex claimed and I heard shuffling sounds.

"Hello? Hello?" He exclaimed again,

"Do you hear me now?"

"Yeah, yeah. What is it?"

"Where are you? You don't even fucking show up anymore? We have football practice! We have another game this November! Coach is really pisses at you right now. Look, you can't quit this, man. You know that, right?"

I sighed in defeat, "I know. I can go tomorrow" I rubbed my temples.

"OK good." He answers then he ended the call right away.

I wore my usual ripped skinnies and this red plaids of mine and immediately went to the elevator.

Phoebe's P.O.V

"Ellie, I left everything on my desk, I finished all the manuscripts that needs to be edited." I exclaimed as I make my way to the front desk.

"Oh thanks, those are needed tomorrow morning." She smiles,

"I gotta go, see you!" I exclaimed before the elevator doors opened.

I pressed the button B2 and I automatically face palmed myself. I forgot the I took the bus early this morning because the front wheel of my car is flat. I immediately presses button G.

When I exited the building it was nearly sunset giving the sky the most wonderful shade of tangerine, yellow, pinkish lavender; it was breath taking.

I was shaken out of my trance when someone who was standing by the lamp post cleared his throat.

"Luke?"

He smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, tilting my head a little to the side as I walk closer to him.

He embraced me, I'm inside his arms, breathing in his scent, he smells like my body wash and some of his cologne. I nozzled my head on the crook of his neck.

"I just wanted to see my Mrs. Hemmings" He sighs, my heart fluttered as I feel my stomach churn with butterflies in it. I can feel myself smile from ear to ear. "I missed you-" He started, "I'm sorry, if I did something wrong, I'm sorry" He pulls away, tilting my chin, looking straight into my eyes.

"I'm not mad" I smiled, "I'm just confused-"

"Let's talk about it on dinner, you look hungry" He exclaims, grabbing me by the wrist and dragging me into his car.