eighty five

As soon as the plane landed I could feel jet lag really hitting me.

I was asleep the whole flight but I  still feel a little dizzy and my head ache is killing me.

"You okay?" Luke held my hand, lacing our fingers as we walk our way out of the airport and into the parking lot where he left his RangeRover.

"Of course" I smiled, I felt my stomach grumble, "But I'm a little hungry, do you mind if we could stop by McDonald's or KFC?" I requested.

He laughed, "Sure." He placed our bags into the back seat as I settled myself on the passenger seat, rubbing my temples as we drove away of the airport.

This is what I get for sleeping while we were in the plane, I didn't even eat a single cracker even though it was for free.

I still have to go back to the sorority house and get all of my things. I quitted CUNY, I have every right to get my things even if Amber stops me, I won't let her. I quit, simple as that.

I realized a lot of things while we we're in Paris, and being back here in Brooklyn is just surreal and time really flies like an arrow.

When we arrived McDonald's I felt like I ate like a pig. I was so hungry that I almost ate Luke's food but I needed to control myself or else I'd make a full out of myself.

"Can we just stop by in the sorority house I really want to get my things back there and just get it over with" I yawned.

Luke looks tires as well there is no denying that, he's eye were pretty much bloodshot.

The car ride back to CUNY was a little bumpy and I'm thankful that my head ache was better now.

As soon as Luke parked on the nearest lot of the house, I unbuckled my seatbelt and so did he.

"Oh its okay, its only one duffel bag, I could manage to carry it" I assured him.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, just wait for me here" I smiled, pecking him softly on the lips before climbing out of the car.

Amanda was sitting on the couch when I arrived.

"Hey! You're here!" She hugs me,

"Is Amber around?" I asked,

She shook her head.

"I'm leaving here for good" I sighed, "I'll just have to get some of my things."

"Oh, I could help you" She insisted as we climb up the stairs and into my old room.

*

"I really think you should just go and not tell Amber about you living this..this cult!" Amanda exclaims,

"Why? I mean, she should know, she's like the president" I placed the last clothing that I'm holding inside the duffel bag and zipped it.

"I don't know she might freak out or something, I have a bad feeling about this" She shrugs,

"Oh don't worry, I think its not in her vocabulary to be hysterical" I laughed, carrying the bag and slinging it on my shoulder, "Let's go! Luke's probably getting bores in the car, you know how impatient he gets" I rolled my eyes.

As soon as I stepped down the stairs Amber was there, standing by the door frame of the living room.

"You going on vacay?" She smiles, "Haven't seen you in a long time!"

"Oh no, I'm moving out for good" I started and with just one blink of an eye, Amber's face changed.

"What do you mean y-your living?" She crosses her arms in front of her. "Where are you going to stay?"

"Im-" should I tell her that I'm going to live with Luke?

"Oh she's going to live with a friend" Amanda butts in.

"I see, but how about Delta Psi??" She asks,

"That's the thing..see, I think I really need to leave, I think I have to quit-" before I could explain further Amber started laughing.

"You think this sorority is a joke? You think this is a game that you could quit just because you don't want to play it anymore?" The tone of her voice was intimidating, "You pledged. We did a lot for your grades that you didn't know that's why you practically passed all your subjects! You cant just leave sisterhood!!" She shouted.

"I know..I'm sorry but I really have to..I first I didn't know where I should belong that's why I joined here and I'm really thankful that I met you guys but I really have to-"

"Is there a problem here?" Luke exclaimed startling my insides.

HE SHOULDN'T BE HERE!

"Luke? W-why are y-you-"

"Your phone wouldn't stop ringing-" He was explaining but he was cut off by Amber's rage.

"Don't tell me you're going to live with...him?!" She almost shouted in frustration.

"So what if she is, are you her mother to be hysterical like this?"

Amber groaned in frustration but then she started laughing.

"You're so fucking stupid, Luke if you think she really loves you"

I felt my heart stop.

"No-"

"What do you mean?" Luke almost shouted, "Do you know what the fuck you're saying?!"

"Luke don't listen to her" Amanda exclaims,

Luke ignored her, "Scott, what is she saying?!"

I was frozen. I couldn't answer.

"Go on Phoebe Scott, tell him the truth." Amber smirked.

*ENDOFBOOK 1*