seventy three

"She talked to me, when she was right in front of me in the cafeteria, asking me what kind of sandwich would taste good together with the apple juice she was holding, tuna sandwich? bologna sandwich? Or chicken sandwich? I didn't know what to say for I wasn't a fan of sandwiches and its just too weird to ask. We were in our second year of high school that day and I was a transfer student. It felt weird standing in the middle of the cafeteria with a girl who is confused with what food to eat. Usually, if you're hungry you'll just eat what comes first in your mind. She stares at me her brown eyes glistening and they were just looking at me back. I didn't know then that she's going to be the reason why I'm doomed. That day, I didn't answer her, instead I looked away and left her waiting for an answer. I know that I shouldn't have done that. I should've told her that the chicken sandwich in front of her would taste good together with the apple juice she was holding. I should've been friends with her if I just talked to her but I didn't.

The second time I saw her was when she sat beside me in the library, carrying loads of books with her small hands. She was wearing a plain black shirt that day. I remember it very well. She didn't talk to me but she just sat beside me doing her homework. That day was when I realized that I liked her. I liked the at she bites her lips when she writes and how her eyes would look like when she focuses on something that is in front of her. I kept looking at her but she doesn't notice me. That day I came home smiling. Its the first time my brother saw me smile after we moved in Manhattan. I hated Manhattan for some reason but because of her I stayed.