Drabble #4 with Yamaguchi Tadashi

Anonymous asked: "Dear Diary,..." with yamaguchi?

Ahhh the precious Yams! The most innocent of babes! I think this is my first request for him! I know Admin Terushima has some experience with him... so I hope that I don't make a mess of it! Lmao! Thanks for requesting! -Admin Satori <3

Yamaguchi Tadashi: Drabble #11 "Dear Diary..."

"Tadashi?" You called as you entered his home, taking off your shoes and jacket before looking around the living room, "Hello? Anyone home?" You asked, frowning when you didn't get a response from him. "Maybe they went out or something...?" You hummed before you sent a quick text to your boyfriend, hearing it ring upstairs.

He'd been absent from school today. He had claimed he was feeling really sick, but you could have sworn he was okay the day before! He'd been his adorable freckled self, being Tsukishima's 'yeah' man to all the insults, giving you small kisses now and then that you knew embarrassed him but were grateful for since it showed he was willing to get over his anxieties for you. You'd really missed him today. You and Kei.

You walked up the stairs at your leisure, trying to think of where he could have gone in such a hurry as to leave his phone. He'd just texted you a little over 30 minutes ago, telling you that you could come over to see him. He'd even sent all his adorable emojis, so you knew he wasn't going to bail out and leave you on the front porch. Which hadn't been a problem since you had his house key he gave you in case you had an emergency.

You gave a light tap to his door, "Tadashi? You in there?" You called before sliding the door open and walking in, setting your backpack down on the floor near his neatly made bed, smiling gently when you caught sight of a cork board over his bedside table with all his favorite pictures of him and his friends. You giggled at the sight of a disgruntled Tsukishima in more than half of the pictures; their odd friendship warmed your heart. You were glad Yamaguchi had someone to look after him all these years.

There was a slight muffled mumbling in the corner of the room, and when you turned around, you noticed it was coming from inside the bathroom. You slowly, and quietly made your way over to the door, keeping your breathing low so that you could be able to hear what was being said on the other side.

" Dear Diary..." Yamaguchi's soft voice began, and the scribbling of pen on paper let you know that he was currently still writing, "I missed school today. I couldn't go and face ____. I'm so nervous to tell them. What if they don't feel the same? What if they think it's too soon? It's only been a few weeks but... I feel so strongly for them! They plague..... no no no.. that sounds too negative.... They take up every waking thought I have... well... that's not true. I dream about them at night, too... They said they should be over here in a few minutes, but I'm still nervous... I don't want to mess it up with them... Well.... I hope everything works out for the best... If they stay with me... then I'll be the luckiest guy in the world... and if they want to leave..." He paused for a moment, "Then.... Then.... I'll have to be strong and let them go." He finished before you heard shuffling.

You panicked for a moment, stepping away from the bathroom door and thinking of running down the stairs so that you can make it look like you'd just gotten there... but it was too late! You'd second guessed for too long! The door slid open and you stared at Yamaguchi's surprised face with wide eyes. After a few seconds of silence, the both of your faces flushed with embarrassment, and you bowed to him, "I-I-I'm sorry! I didn't know you were in there! I texted you I was here, but when you didn't answer, I decided to come and see if you'd fallen asleep or had left a note. That was wrong of me to assume! I'm sorry! Please forgive me!" You said in a rush, keeping your head down so that you didn't have to see his disappointed expression at your snooping.

A small chuckle made itself known, and you frowned as you stared at his carpet, wondering why he was laughing, you glanced up at him to see he was hiding behind his book to keep his laughter as hidden as possible from you. You stood up straight before he let out a small sigh after gaining composure, "Did.... Did you hear all that?" He asked softly, his tone back to being a bit timid now that the original embarrassment had worn off. His tone told you he wasn't mad at you, and didn't blame you for walking into his room or anything.

You gulped and nodded, "Yeah...." You whispered, and he lowered his book before placing it on his desk and glancing up at you with a slightly expectant expression. You blushed deeper still, looking down at your shoes and taking a step towards him shyly, "I-I feel strongly about you, too, Tadashi..." You whispered once more, your voice gaining only a fraction of strength to it to show that you really meant your words. When you didn't receive an answer immediately, you looked up at him to see he was as red as a tomato, but the wide, elated, relieved smile on his face made you want to tell him what you really wanted to. That you absolutely loved him with all your heart.