Colorblind Yamaguchi Tadashi Headcanons

Anonymous asked: May I request headcanons with a self confident s/o and a character of your choice that is colorblind? No angst please, something fluffy like the s/o wearing the same odd socks like him. Thanks and have a nice day!

Fourth request in one day?!? Keiji, are you okay? The answer is yes. I didn't have work today, and I don't have class or work tomorrow, so I'm in an actually good mood. I just need Chinese food and I'll be great!

~~Admin Keiji

---

Colorblind S/O of choice—Yamaguchi:

Yamaguchi had always been self-conscious. When he was young, it was because of his freckles, but as he got older and people started caring about more than just his "pimply face," he grew ashamed of the fact that he couldn't see colors like everyone else.

Then he met you. You didn't care that he couldn't tell if your shirt was blue or green, or that you were wearing a new shade of lipstick. If anything, you liked his colorblindness because he wasn't going to judge you over the fact if your outfit didn't match since it usually didn't considering you loved bold colors mixed with other bold colors

One day while walking to school with Yamaguchi and Tsukishima, the latter pointed out that Yamaguchi's socks didn't match—not to be mean, but just to let his friend know. You noticed that the rest of the day, Yamaguchi kept pulling his pant legs down.

The next day, you wear knee-high socks so different that even Yamaguchi can tell they don't match. The smile you say on your boyfriend's face was the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

Dates are always fun. You get to wear whatever you want without having someone say they're embarrassed to be with you and Yamaguchi is with someone he's comfortable enough with to joke around about his condition.

"I like your shirt today, _____. Gray is definitely your color!" "Tadashi, my shirt is violet." "Violet, gray, orange, all the same to me!"

He even lets you pick out his outfits, trusting you enough not to dress him weirdly. You may dress with no care to what matches, but you recognize and respect that Tadashi wants to look "normal"