The Perfect Dress

Hermione pulled out a light blue dress, pressing it up against my chest

Hermione pulled out a light blue dress, pressing it up against my chest. I looked down, it was beautiful, just my size too, but it just doesn't seem right.

"Harry would think you look beautiful in this." I pulled the dress out of her hands and pushed it back with the others.

"Why Harry?"

"Or William?" Her voice was a softer timbre than before.

"Will? Hermione, he's a child." I crossed my arms looking at her completely confused to where her mind was going with all of this talk about the Potter boys.

"Is he though?" She asked. I considered the thought for a moment. I guess he had sprouted into a fine young man over the past two years. I rolled my eyes at her as I picked up a red dress and pressed it against her chest.

"He's a 5th year (Y/n), He is only three years younger than you." She looked down at the gown shaking her 'no'. I guess she's right. Three years isn't that long of a time. I mean I am interested in a guy that is about three years older than I am now... Why do I look at Will like he's a child? Dear Lord.... Is that how Severus sees me!? A feeling of dread enveloped in my chest right before Hermione pushed another blue dress against me.

"What's with you and the blue dresses?" I laughed as I tucked it away again. I really didn't like the color. So many people wear blue to formal events. Usually, blue, white, red and purple seem to be everyone's go tos. I want to stand out.

"It's Harry's favorite color.."

"Hermione, Harry's my friend." I used a light scolding tone as I propelled the idea of friendship into her mind. What has gotten into her? She never had pushed Harry on me before? I wonder if he may have said something to her. It's was silent for a while as we both searched through the endless piles of fabric. I handed her another red dress. This one fluttering to the floor in sweeping motions. It reminded me of fire. It's blooming colors where stunning.

"That's beautiful..." She drew in a sharp breath at the sight of it.

"Go try it on!" I squealed excitedly for her. She bit her lips as she rushed to the fitting room. I waited for her, walking around the room gazing at all the dresses. One stood out to me. It was black. I picked it up as the silk material ran through my fingers and billowed to the floor. It reminded me of him... It made me think of his dark exterior, his eyes, his hair. Him.

"Well?" Hermione asked from behind me. Turning, I took in her appearance. It looked beautiful on her!

"You look amazing!" I exclaimed as she turned to look in the mirror.

"Why red?" She asked, referring to the fact I had only suggested her to wear that color.

"Ron's favorite." I shrugged as she pushed me playfully. We both began laughing again.

"You found a dress? Go try it on!!" She seemed more excited than I was, but I guess I was more excited for her than myself as well. That's what best friends are for right? We both made our way into separate changing rooms, her to put on her original attire and for me to hopefully fit into this dress. I stepped into the fabric, feeling the soft movement gliding over my skin. It fell over my frame flawlessly. It was simple, classy and elegant. I was in love with it. I walked out of the changing room to here a low whistle from Hermione.