Should I Go?

**IF YOU WISH TO READ THE FREDRICK WESLEY ALTERNATE ENDING PLEASE SKIP TO CHAPTER  68 (in book chapter 66) "CLEANSWEEP" DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER

**IF YOU WISH TO READ THE FREDRICK WESLEY ALTERNATE ENDING PLEASE SKIP TO CHAPTER 68 (in book chapter 66) "CLEANSWEEP" DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER

"Psst. Draco!" I whisper shouted as I watch him about to pass by me. Currently, I was hiding in a small crevasse in the hallway, trying to keep myself hidden from the eyes surrounding the corridor... I was going to be sneaking out in the matter of a few moments, but I had a problem. I was planning on walking right out the front doors while everyone was preoccupied with their dinner. But, Severus looked as though he was standing guard at the entrance. Does he know? Is there even a chance he could know? I've never seen him do this before. I don't see another reason why he would be standing watch by the main entrance if he didn't know I was trying to leave. Why wouldn't he just talk to me? He's had plenty of opportunities. Wait, (Y/n) you're forgetting that he wants nothing to do with you now. All you are is a distraction to him. Oh, Merlin, I'm literally one of those people who thinks everything's about them! Gross... I'm sure he's only doing this because of a precaution that Dumbledore had set.

I saw Draco's face retort as he caught my eyes, not wanting him to look too conspicuous I grabbed his sleeve and dragged him into my hiding place. This probably wasn't my best idea... It was a tight squeeze between these two walls and now my entire body was pressed against his. I could feel his chest moving with each breath he took. I let my hands press into him, trying to hold myself as far away as possible while trying to keep my balance.

Draco had his hands placed on the wall behind me on either side of my head. Good thing it was dim where we were because my face had decided to light up like wildfire. Why? I have no clue, I've never felt odd about being close to Draco before. Why all of a sudden did this feel differently? Was it because I wasn't seeing Severus anymore? No! (Y/n) you are being ridiculous! I was most likely acting so weird because we have never been THIS close to one another before... and now I have information that he likes me... of course, he would never act on those feelings though, right? Would I want him to? Stop it! You are not in the right state of mind at this moment apparently. I mentally shook the thought away, another problem for a different time. Right now, I have to find a way to sneak out of the castle.

"What is this all about?" He smirked as he looked around at my small hiding spot, then his gaze caught my frame. He let out a low chuckle. I probably looked like an idiot... but I have never snuck out of the school before, I had no idea what I was doing.

"I'm leaving and I need you to cause a distraction..." I peaked my head out barely passed the wall. I saw his black robes glide across the floor as he paced back and forth in front of the iron school doors. He looked as though he was arguing with himself. I had to fight every ounce of my being to keep myself from running over to him. I wish I could hug him... I wish I could comfort him and tell him everything was okay... but nothing was okay. Not between us anyway. Even though that feeling erupted through my mind for a second, it was easily squashed by the memory of his words. I was still mad at him and I'm moving on. It's what's best for me.