Breaking Up

March 26, 1980
-John's POV-
Everything felt normal again. I was not exactly in a relationship with Fred but we were definitely flirting. Roger and Brian were perfect with the kids running round everywhere. Adeline was so perfect and Daniel was such a gentleman. The only issue was Paul.

Paul was in love with Freddie and it made Fred scared to break his heart. So he was basically cheating on Paul with me. The thoughts plagued me as I laid alone in bed. Freddie couldn't stay here too much or Paul would get suspicious.

When I went to the studio, Freddie was sat at the table in tears. He hadn't been like this in years.
"Freddie, babe, are you okay?" I asked as I stepped closer to the weeping man. He brought his head up, "I broke it off with Paul. He didn't take it very well..."
"What happened..." I asked again with a concerned voice. I was secretly so excited.

"Well, I decided to meet him at a cafe in the middle of London. I got there an hour before so I could think about what to say. When he arrived, he was so happy because I was there. I then broke the news to him that I was in love with someone else. He cried so hard and got quite mad at me for breaking up with him. He stormed out and left me to cry alone. I had to leave there before people realised what happened..." Freddie cried as he put his head back down on the table.

It was just like a sad love story.

I gave him a massive hug and apologised for being the cause of all this. He said, "No, don't apologise. I want to be with you, not Paul. But I think I need a break before we get together."

"That's expected...I love you though and support your choice." I told him as I wiped his tears.

"It might take a while to get over it."