You're Lying

September 8, 1983
-Freddie's POV-
A few days ago, the old love of my life, Jim Hutton, walked through the door of my party. Some feelings came back but the ones for John were stronger.

I hung around with him everyday since. I was going to again today but whilst getting ready, John pulled my arm.
"Are you cheating on me!?" He yelled. He wasn't usually the shouting type but I can understand him.

"No I am not cheating on you!" I shouted back. His face filled with sadness and a few tears rolled down his face, "Every time we get engaged, we break up over someone I think you might be cheating on me with or have tried to do something with...I don't want it to happen again..."

"It won't babe, I love you and only you!" I lied. I didn't love Jim but feelings were coming back. I wasn't going to leave John though...
"You're lying, Freddie." He stated with more tears leaving his eyes.

"Jim was the love of my life, of course tiny feelings were going to come back but I love you John. I love you more than I have ever loved anyone. I don't want to lose you..." I started crying too.

"Then don't go out with him today. Be with me. We can watch whatever you like, maybe Some Like It Hot. I know it's your favourite!" He said in attempt to win me over.

It was working.

"Okay John, I won't go with him. I won't even call him to cancel." I smiled and hugged my boyfriend.

A part of me regretted not going. I loved Jim's company and how he made me feel but John is my fiancé. He's the one person who knows everything about me and loves me.

Then why do I still want Jim...