Carve

(AN: This is going to be different than the others but I hope you like it. If you don't, I'll never do a chapter like this again. ❤️)

May 26, 1980
-Roger's Diary-
Dear Diary, I think I'm going to die in here. On the 19th, my loving husband locked me in the basement of our house. The only time he comes down is to feed me.

He told me he did it to save me from myself. I was using antidepressants too much and it could have damaged me. I don't believe him. They were helping me.

I hadn't seen the kids in weeks. I have almost forgotten what they look like. I'm a terrible father. I needed to see them but I couldn't. It's like they weren't mine anymore.

Today, I had started to carve at the wall with a piece of wood I found on the floor. I carved the entire family's names. As I was doing that, Brian and down with some food.

He told me that I wouldn't be here much longer but the kids still won't be here for a while. He also said if I got on antidepressants again, he'd leave me.
Since then I've been afraid. I don't want to lose the man I care about the most.

I am now laid on the old and broken bed in the corner of the room with one pillow. It is extremely uncomfortable. I could hear Brian crying and talking through the door. He obviously wants me to talk back but I didn't want to.

I love him so much but doing this to me was terrible. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get out. It sounds and feels like I'm in jail, not that I know.

I heard the door open again and his voice telling me I can come back now.

Hallelujah! Bye Diary, you won't be needed anymore.