Flamboyantly Gay

Interview Whilst On Tour
July 20, 1980
-Freddie's POV-
I was dreading this. I hated interviews. They hated me. They were always so nosy, trying to get my secret out. I had always been extremely flamboyant but I had never said to the media that I was gay. They were my enemy.

I sat on the far left with John next to me. There was a cover over the table so I was able to hold his hand without anyone seeing. The first question was for Roger, "Is it true you are married to Mr May?" Roger's face became red but Brian stepped in, "No, we were together once but not again. I have a girlfriend and so does he."

It was the simplest lie and it was perfect. But when it comes to me, I'm screwed. I can't think quickly and the trust could come out. A reporter got my attention, "Mercury, can I ask about your love life?"
"What is there to know, darling?" I asked flamboyantly. It was the only way.
"Has anyone caught your attention?" He asked. John squeezed my hand as I told them, "I don't look for love, my dear, I look for inspiration!"
"What is your sexuality?" asked a woman from the back.

My biggest fear. Sexuality questions.

"What is there to know?" I asked, "I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear."
"Your sexuality, Freddie Mercury?" She asked again. John gave my hand a squeeze again. I looked at him which caught her attention, "Are you trying to say you are in a relationship with John Deacon?" I froze.

"No! I don't have a love life or a sexuality. Just shut up!" I yelled. She wouldn't stop, "What is your sexuality, Mr Mercury? Why are you hiding?" After multiple times of asking, I blurted out, "I'm gay! So very gay! Are you happy now!?" I stormed off in embarrassment and anger.

I'm out. Fuck my life.