I Want To Break Free

(AN: Skipping time. John recovered fine and is happy and normal again. Freddie is fine and had returned from doing solos. Roger and Brian are just the normal. Oh yeah, Roger's pregnant again and is 6 months in. It's for a reason, which sounds horrible but trust me ;3 Addy and Daniel are just kids still. Daniel is going on 9 and Addy is going on 5. Also Adeline's birthday is 24 November. It's just so I never forget. Enjoy!! Sorry if it's not much of a chapter btw. I wanted to include the song ❤️)

July 6, 1983
-Freddie's POV-
We were finally working on a new album. It had been a year since our failure of an album called Hot Space. I enjoyed making it since it was for the clubs. I love clubs. I hadn't been to one in a while since John and I didn't like them. Paul was usually in them.

One thing we hadn't spoken of in two years was Paul. I hated him as did the rest. He was no longer a part of the band. Thank god. He was the devil.

"Where do we go now?" asked John as he sat up. We all looked at each other but nobody was giving any ideas. I shook my head, "We have to do better than the previous album!" They all agreed with that but said nothing else.

"I think we should call it The Works. Similar to the Game which was our last successful album." Roger said quietly. I nodded, "It's great and it's true."
"Well. A song idea came to me a few years back and I've been working on it since. I Want To Break Free is what it's called." He had told me about that before. Multiple times over the years.

"Let's hear it!" I said, trying to take his paper with it on. He hummed the tune and allowed me to sing it. I grabbed the paper, "I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need you
I've got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free
I've fallen in love
I've fallen in love for the first time
And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen in love, yeah
God knows, God knows I've fallen in love
It's strange but it's true, yeah
I can't get over the way you love me like you do
But I have to be sure
When I walk out that door
Oh, how I want to be free, baby
Oh, how I want to break free
But life still goes on
I can't get used to living without, living without
Living without you by my side
I don't want to live alone, hey
God knows, got to make it on my own
So baby can't you see
I've got to break free
I want to break free, yeah
I want, I want, I want, I want to break free."

"It is amazing. I love it!" I exclaimed as I hugged my boyfriend. It's the greatest first song ever.