16 March, 2019 - Research Paper Presentation.

The day is finally here. It has been over 5 months since we first started "working" on this research paper. Back then, we were intrigued with the topic and were determined to do well.

Somewhere in the middle things seemed to fizzle out and nothing went forward until this January, when we got an incentive to work hard for this paper. We got to know about this conference and knew that we had to invest a lot of time in just trying to get through each stage. It seemed a little far fetched but we made it to the final step.

Eventhough there are a lot of things that I wished would have happened differently (read better)- including our content and my effort- I am definitely proud of my work and happy to be getting this opportunity.

Thanks a lot Ms. Finance Professor for encouraging us and not losing her faith in us. It wouldn't have been possible without your positivity and support.

I was supposed to reach the venue by 10 and since the conference was outside my city, I decided to leave quite early aka 8:10AM to avoid any last minute delay. I got my ticket very fast but had to wait for about half an hour for my train to come (because the frequency of that particular train is very low). It was going to be a long ass ride of more than an hour so and I was fortunate enough to get a place to sit for that much time.

I was very annoyed during the train ride because the compartment behind us had guys hanging outside the train, dangerously hitting poles and tunnel walls, putting their lives in danger. What dumb fucks. Also, something that appalled me was that in this train line, crowds were literally waiting on one side of the tracks to cross over to the other side once the train passed by. And it looked like a norm there. WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR LIVES?!

After more than an hour, I reached the desired station and figured a way to get out and reach the venue. I then met up with my team, did a dry run and then went for the event.

The presentations were to happen in the afternoon. In the morning, there was an opening ceremony and a lot of speeches by chief guests on the topic "Sustainability in a changing environment" which was the theme for this conference. The main chief guest had a very interesting and well made presentation.

Following that, we witnessed an interesting-at-first-but-super-stretched-out-by-the-end panel discussion on the same theme. One of the panelists was from the credit world so we were a little wary of her. As expected, she did mention the IBC 2016, and we all couldn't help but look at each other and smile.

The panel discussion got over by 1:30PM and they served us some good lunch thereafter. The research paper presentation started at around 2:45PM and ofcourse I had butterflies in my stomach. I did successfully calm myself multiple times. We met some students from our city as well. If fact they go to the same University as Alex.

The presentations began and ofcourse everyone else had done a good job. The research topics ranged from 'females in advertising' to 'artificial intelligence' and 'chillis'. Finally, it was our turn. And we did well!!!! Yaaay! I'm so happy AND SO FUCKING RELIEVEDDDD! I prepared to my best ability and it paid off. :D

One of my team mates was headed around my locality so I got a ride back home. I didn't have to wait and figure out a train route so that was good. This classmate and I are friends but we had never spoken as much as we did during the entire car ride. The topics kept flowing in and even I felt comfortable sharing some (weird) things so that was good.

I reached home by 5PM and ate a burger after Alex got it home with him. And then I just chilled for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I have to start working and finish the write up/article that the company has asked of me because the deadline is on 18th.