27 April, 2019.

I finally have something substantial to write about today.

Today's breakfast- Medu vada

Today's snacks- Cornflakes mix (chiwda)

I continued studying Eco for most part of the day. So the daytime was pretty normal. But post evening was a good time for me.

Pamela has officially become a doctor so today, since Parker was also in town, our families went out for dinner to celebrate this news. I know that there is a popular belief that Indian parents push their children into becoming a doctor or an engineer. I do not agree with this, however, it sure is a pretty big deal if someone manages to become a professional, and a doctor is at the top of that list. Also, to be fair, it's definitely not easy becoming a doctor.

Anyways, I got ready at the last moment because Alex mistakenly told me that the plan was to happen tomorrow. The restaurant was pretty close to our place so we walked there. The place holds bitter sweet memories for us. The last two times we had been to the restaurant, it had been with our grandmother.

We met the other fam and quickly ordered dinner. Well, I say quickly but there was quite a lot of discussion on what to order. I was okay with trying something different so I agreed to having crab sweet corn soup instead of my usual chicken one. It was good but I'd prefer mine any day.

We then had a bunch of chicken dishes for starters. The wontons were a fail tho. There was 5% chicken and 95% crisp. We also had a little rice as main course. Ultimately, for deserts we went for brownies and a honey noodle with ice cream (lol at Pamela).

We had a lot of fun catching up with one another and pulling each other's legs. Overall, it was a fun, hilarious time.

After dinner, the elders all went back home while Alex, Parker, Pamela and I decided to go for a walk. They don't stay too far from us so it wasn't a big deal. We went to a nearby park/ground and spoke quite a lot while taking rounds around said ground. Some of the talks involved about the progression at Aunt P's house. Seems like everything has simmered for now. It's good while it lasts.

It was around midnight when we decided to call it a day and parted ways. On our way back home, we got a lift from a family friend who was also on his way back. We spoke for a bit below my building and we've just come back home.

Ahhh... It felt nice going out of the house for once.