4 April, 2019.

I consulted my Finance professor regarding this placement/internship dilemma today in college. She confirmed that the internship offering firm is actually a very recent start up and that they're apparently operating from their residence itself. She asked me to stall these guys and wait for the placement company. She told me that I won't be losing much even if I lost the internship. I think this was an indirect way of saying not to take up the offer at all. Hmmmm....

Today's Eco paper was very eh. In the beginning I was able to answer everything but towards the end, I forgot most of the points. And what irks me is that those were very basic points but I still couldn't remember them.

Apparently our class is the only sincere one. The other two classrooms get empty after legit an hour and a half. They seem to know nothing. But in our class there are quite a lot of people who still write even half an hour before the official hours get over. Besides, literally two people took supplements in the other classes but quite a few took in our class. I'm happy that I sit in this class and that my seat is on the first bench with not a lot of people around me.

I wasn't sure how to go about with tomorrow's MHRM paper. I had never gone though the syllabus even once. They didn't even teach this subject in college nor were we given any Question Bank to refer to. So I was completely clueless. I did try studying a bit tho and got through some really easy answers. Lucky for me, some students were successful in converting tomorrow's exam into an open book one. I am normally against it but tomorrow I really needed it.

Then guess who didn't study for the rest of the day then? I just couldn't man. I have three more days until the next paper so I really wasn't in a hurry (or in a mood) to study.

I watched the second episode of IZ*ONE Chu Season 2. Hilarious! I also watched IZ*ONE's performance for Violeta, Up and Really Like You.

Violeta does have a really beautiful choreography. I particularly liked the chorus part right before the beat drop (Yuri/ Yena part). The way their arms swing! I don't talk much about her but Chaeyeon moves so well! She deserves to be called IZ*ONE's main dancer! The set was beautiful too!

So I guess this time's Oh My! is their track called Up. I did not expect them to have a cute concept for this song when I first heard it. But it seems to go so well! I think it's more refreshing and energetic than just cute. Chaewon absolutely killed this song! And I really liked they had also worn their respective coloured costumes. Chaeyeon's colour really suits her. It makes her stand out.

The performance for Really Like You was mesmerizing. I'm not sure if the other two songs were completely live but this one was definitely live. Each and every member got to show off their vocal skills and prove that they are indeed very talented. This song is totally Yuri, Chaewon and Yujin's song for sure.

There were a lot of KPop related trends on Twitter and I want to talk about one of them: BTS PAVED THE WAY.

This started after it was announced that BTS was nominated for the 'Top Duo/Group' and 'Top Social Artist' at the 2019 BBMAs. And not just BTS but Exo and GOT7 are also nominated for the latter. The said trend was mainly to show that BTS is the reason why the other two groups a nomination.

I was disappointed that this was trending in the first place. I was even more shocked when the accounts I follow and the ones who are normally against fanwars had also tweeted this.

Why is this happening? I agree that BTS has indeed been a major reason why other groups are getting a chance to be recognised in the West but to rub it in in such a manner seems highly immature. BTS deserve everything they're currently achieving but it doesn't mean that other KPop groups don't.

After a while I found out why this was happening. When BTS got their first BBMAs nomination in 2017, other fandoms had said that BTS is trying to "seek validation from the West" and that "those awards don't matter". I can understand why people are getting mad now but honestly, that's kinda disrespectful to those group's members, who have never left such malicious comments about the BTS members.

I may have not been an ARMY when BTS was nominated for the first time, but I have seen a lot of fandoms fights to know and realise that an entire fandom is neither fully good nor fully bad. As an ARMY who doesn't get into fanwars, I feel bad for the people in the other fandoms who also don't want to create or partake in fanwars. Or the ones who didn't say wrong things about BTS at that time.

I am definitely staying out of this tho. I am not going to let this affect me too much. I support BTS in my own capacity so I don't need to get too defensive, disappointed, angry to see other ARMY members not doing the right thing. I'll take the good sides of being in a fandom.