23 February, 2019.

Today morning Paloma, Nigel and I decided to meet for lunch so I got ready and went to Paloma's college. She came out after a while and then we spoke until Nigel also joined us.

We hadn't decided our lunch place but Paloma felt like having something at the beach so we went there. I haven't been there, let alone ate something there, in ages! Can't say I miss it tho.

We ended up eating at a small roadside stall and the food wasn't really hygienic but it wasn't that bad in taste as well.

Nigel spoke about his experiences with clients and late night horrible incidents. He said that the party culture is very prominent in the corporate world which is making me concerned about when I join that part of life. But that's a problem for some other time.

Apparently Paloma and Nigel had already made plans to have a drink or two. I didn't know about it tho. I would've never guessed there was a drinking plan involved.

Paloma took us to this shady looking place, where Nigel had a beer while Paloma and I had a 60ml Old Monk. I still hate beer but rum is cool with me now.

After that we headed back home. Overall I had a very okayish time. Paloma and I are not in constant touch but she speaks to Nigel on a daily basis. They kept on having inside jokes from time to time and I ended up feeling like a third wheel. And Paloma was mostly the one initiating them.

I was constantly in this situation during my junior college with Nigel, Paloma and Deborah. At that time my view was that Paloma doesn't deliberately do it to make me feel left out.

To be honest, I don't think that's the case even now but here's the thing. I don't remember if it's always been like this or not, but nowadays Paloma does have a tendency to lowkey make things about herself. It does get a bit annoying after a point.

Anyways, hopefully this won't get worse with our future outings.

My time table for the next week just came in and this is how my days look:

On Monday,
9 to 11- Corporate Valuation (Final Test)

On Tuesday,
9 to 11- International Finance (Final Test)
11:30 to 1:30- Financial Accounts
Sometime post 1:30- Internship Class

On Wednesday,
11:30 to 1:30- Applied Statistics for Business
Sometime post 1:30- Internship Class

On Thursday,
11:30 to 1:30- Cost Accounts
Sometime post 1:30- Internship Class

No class on Friday.

On Saturday,
11:30 to 1:30- Market Research

Along with this, an important time table has also been shared. It's the last preliminary examination schedule for my degree course. Here it is:

22 March- Financial Accounts
25 March- Cost Accounts
26 March- Management Accounts and Audit
27 March- Business Economics
28 March- Marketing and Human Resource Management
1 April- Export Marketing
3 April- Market Research

I updated my digital notes after coming back home and studied quite a lot for my final Corporate Valuation test on Monday.

While studying I unexpectedly got a call from my childhood friend Niomi saying that she's in town and would like to meet Alex and I. Her brother, who was staying in a different state until recently, has shifted back to their house in our building. So Niomi was planning to stay there with him over the weekend (her college is in a different city).

She came over by 8PM after which we went to her place to meet her brother's 2 cats. I wasn't looking forward to the visit but yeah. We spent some there afterwhich we left for dinner. One of us was craving sizzlers so I found out a sizzler serving place nearby and we had our dinner there. The food was really good but the quantity was a disappointment.

We had a great time at lunch. We spoke quite a lot about our college life, dating life (or lack of), social life, food, etc. After dinner we walked to this popular ice cream parlor and had our pre-decided ice cream flavours.

We were quite full by this time so we walked all the way back home. It was a good walk. Plus I anyways like walking in the dark so it was a plus. We sat in this area where we used to sit and play around when we were kids. Naturally we spoke quite a lot about our childhood days as well the current building scenario. We discussed our careers a little bit and the conversation went from career counselors to journalism to economics and it's relevance, etc.

At one point we decided to continue our conversation at Niomi's place. We again spoke for a really long time about music, hostel life, smoking (up), alcohol, permissions, being twins, different personalities etc with chill songs as background. And this went on till 1AM.

Overall, we had a really great time. Again, just like Sasha and Sia, I'm really glad that I have good childhood friends who I can really be comfortable with. I don't think I was thaaaat close to Niomi when they were still living here but today showed me that now we have a good bond.

So I am back home now and ideally I should be getting ready to go sleep. That's what Alex is about to do but I think I'm going to study some more even if it's become difficult for me to study at night. I don't know if it's because I feel guilty of making plans when I have exams coming up or because I want to do really well in my last ever set of (graduate) exams. Either way, let's get it!