20 April, 2019.

Daisy called me today. She does this from time to time mostly when she has study related doubts. Today she told me that she feels motivated to study whenever she talks to me because she feels like I'm a very hardworking person.

Well, I had already started doing theory (which isn't exactly my strength nor my area of interest) but I think I can take this as a motivation factor. If this is what people think about me (and frankly, I do too) then I might as well live up to it.

I've probably said this before but I need a reminder from time to time.

I spoke about BTS' promotions yesterday so I'll speak about IZ*ONE's in this chapter. Let me start off by saying that I have not at all gotten bored of Violeta. In fact I have increasingly started loving it the more I listen to it. IZ*ONE's promotions started 3 weeks ago and I have watched each and every music performance there is to watch.

Also, it's a bonus when after watching the performances, I get to watch them win at said award shows as well! Violeta has garnered an impressive 7 music show wins as of today! Woah! I feel like this has given IZ*ONE members a lot of encouragement.

Having two very successful predecessors (IOI and WannaOne) was definitely going to be a big burden to carry. And there were probably a lot of people who looked forward to IZ*ONE's debut just because they wanted to see what this new Produce product would come out with and whether they would be able to match up to their seniors or not.

IZ*ONE's comeback was crucial for them (to understand their own popularity and success) because now people were aware of them and only the ones who were interested in their music would actively support them, not simply because they were curious. And looks like the answer is positive. IZ*ONE is definitely one of the most successful rookies at the moment. They got so much love and attention after their comeback and these music show wins were the proof.

Along with their music show promotions, they had their TV show IZ*ONE CHU Season 2 airing every week for a month. This time, the main theme was "secret friend", where they all had to figure out which one of the members was assigned to take care of them. We also got to see their preparation for the HEART*IZ album and ofcourse, the Guerrilla concert that they had in their last episode. Seeing so many people attend their first ever concert at such a short notice must have been really heartwarming for them.

Talking about TV shows, Sakura, Yena and Yujin are regulars in their respective TV shows. I haven't really seen Sakura and Yujin's TV shows but I totally look forward to the one Yena is in. It's called tvN Prison Life of Mafia and it's one of the most interesting Korean game show that I have come across. I really like the concept of the game, the cast is extremely hilarious. There are some known faces (Seventeen's Seungkwan, Got7's JB, Weekly Idol/Idol Room's Hyeongdon, Knowing Brother's Soogeun) and ofcourse I get to see my bias Yena have a fun time. IZ*ONE's promotion period seems to be ending however the TV show has shown signs of continuity so I shall look forward to the next episodes.

Today, IZ*ONE performed at a music show called Immortal Songs and it seems to be a pretty big deal in South Korea. Apparently, the audience is slightly mature and it's not a purely IDOL show so the audience is diverse as well. They performed their version of Amor Fati, a song that I remember hearing at an award function. And dude, IZ*ONE did such a good job!

Yuri, Chaewon and Yujin in the beginning! Eunbi's expression change! Wonyoung's voice in the middle! Yujin's high note! Yena's voice, rap and being the frickin' centre!! Woah, out of everything, the last one surprised me the most because IZ*ONE was formed on a show that gives the centre or the 1st rank the most importance. To change the centre, even temporarily, seemed like a big thing.

So yeah, overall, this performance was a massive success for me.