chapter 46

Ash and friends were going to Vermilion city for Ash's next badge but they met a trainer who want to have a battle with Ash, Ash defeated his Rattata easily with Pikachu, trainer praised his skills and told him to challenge A.J. A savage trainer who own his own gym, Ash and friends decided to go there.

Ash: it's looks nice.

Brock: yeah even it's not official but still.

A voice came : who goes there? *A boy walked upto them with a sandshrew*

Ash: hii, my name is Ash and these are my friends Misty and Brock and I guess you are A

Ash: hii, my name is Ash and these are my friends Misty and Brock and I guess you are A.J. *Walking upto him* I came here to have a battle with you.

A.J. : yeah that's me *pointing to himself* so you came to be my 100th win huh *pointing to his gym sign which has written 99 wins on it*

Ash: *Ash looked at it and smiled* we will see that.

A.J. : at least you are not too overconfident like others and started to brag that how you will beat me. *Smiling a little*

Ash: thanks, can we do our battle now?

A.J. : yeah let's go.

They walked to battle field which was in the centre of gym, Ash and AJ walked to the respective sides on the field.

Misty: hey Ash, you don't need it but still.. good luck *smiling*

Ash: *looked at her and smiled* thanks Misty.

Aj: you can talk to your girlfriend later, focus on battle right now.

Ash and Misty blushed and looked at each then looked away from each other quickly.

Ash: we are not a couple *said laughing nervously*

AJ : whatever let's get over with this battle quickly, sandshrew you know what to do *sandshrew nodded and walked in the field*

Ash: Pikachu *said without looking away from field , Pikachu without thinking twice jumped from his shoulder in the field*

A.J.: you look like a beginner trainer.

Ash: yeah I'm, is there a problem?

A.J. : nah it's just.. not a experienced trainer was going to use a electric type against a ground type, at least not a little Pikachu *with overconfidence at which Pikachu looked offended*

****In the side of battle field****

Brock: this is the same thing happened in my gym but I learned my lesson, never underestimate anyone.

Misty: at least not Ash *smiling*.

Brock: *looked at her and smiled* can't deny that.

****Back to the battle field****

Ash: Pikachu calm down, we will teach him that a Pikachu can be strong too *Pikachu nodded instantly and took position for battle*