Chapter 36

It was past lunch hour,when they finally left the boutique.
"'am hungry,Let's get lunch",said So won leading the duo to a restuarant nearby.
"The carnival you wanted to go is nearby",Jin said as So won agreed to go there after.
Namjoon kept looking around so that he wouldn't be spotted.
"You always say let's go official and you hiding?",So won had to ask.
"It's not that,it's the place.My uncle will skin me alive,am supposed to be somewhere else",Namjoon said as they took seat.

"Where?",So won asked back and synchronously Namjoon's phone rang as a reply.Namjoon didn't react as he took the phone and spoke into it.
"Ah,In youngaah,I couldn't reach you earlier.You saw my message,right?"
So won's face fell almost instantly and Jin was quick to catch it.Namjoon gestured them to order as he left the table.So won's eyes followed him out.She cleared her throat,"What do you wanna have,Jin?"
So won's finger ran readily through the menu.
"You gotta ask him,okay?",Jin said ignoring her.So won raised her head a bit and mumbled,"I'll"
Namjoon came back in,pocketing his phone.Noone said anything.The lunch was uncomfortably silent except for Jin commenting about added what could have made the dishes better.This clearly implied if So won was down ,the trio would be the same.And Namjoon did notice that.

"Is everything okay?",Namjoon asked as he took her hand,walking out.So won smiled and nodded.What is she doing?She is supposed to be good at pretending, so for now,she pushed the In young worries to the back of her mind and decided to enjoy the moment with her boyfriend and bestfriend.So won dragged them to the carnival.It was very crowded since it was the weekend.Both Namjoon and SeokJin weren't scared of any rides although Jin made it sure to scream at the top of his voice with So won.Namjoon was so smitten with cotton candy and the machine.So won tried her best to drag him off from the spot but he wouldn't stop about it.He solemnly swore that he'd install one in his apartment.Thereafter the claw machine faced their wrath and Namjoon happily found his new talent.So won was loaded with cute stuffed animals from both the males.Namjoom sometimes eyeing to pass her the message to abandon Jin's dolls.Once that was over,Namjoon showed off his shooting skills winning yet another giant teddy which So won said he should give to Taehyung because she wasn't a big fan of Teddies.Namjoon shoved it to her,nevertheless.

When it was time to head back,So won made a quick run for the washroom.Jin had the giant teddy locked in his hands,Namjoon kept collecting the smaller ones as they kept falling down.As he tried reaching one down,the other fell.Jin helped him pick it up.
"Thankyou",Namjoon said as he extended his hands to take the toy but Jin refused.
"Is this serious for you?",asked Jin.
"Getting the toy?very!",Smirked Namjoon as he picked up yet another fallen one.
"Come on Mr.Kim-"
"That's how you are gonna address me?Tell me Mr.Kim",Namjoon said smirking.
"I'll get straight to it,Are you serious about So won?"

Namjoon debated if he should be snarky or truthful and decided the latter would be good for the sake of So won to not make the relationship between him and Jin more  salty.
"Very much",he said.
"I'd rather have you not play with her feelings"
"I don't plan to"
"Alright,look here Namjoon"
On heeding his name,Namjoon knew this tone was different.
"So won..she had been through a lot even if she doesn't seem like it.She hides everything and pretends to be happy.It's very hard to understand her.She could be breaking apart even as she gives you her best smile",Jin stopped and learnt he has Namjoon's full attention now.
"I have never seen her like this before and she is genuinely happy now.And I want her to stay that way,That's why I didn't say anything although am not a big fan of your's.If you plan to take that away from her later,Just... don't.I won't be able to bring her again"
"Again?",Namjoon asked this time abandoning the fallen pink panther.

"She has a heart of Gold,Namjoon.Treat her well",Jin chose not to reply his query.Namjoon turned to look at where Jin was looking.His eyes were locked onto So won,who was skipping over to them,happily.And Namjoon silently promised Jin that he'd go to the end of the earth for her.
"Shall we?",She said as she picked up the panthers.

Namjoon couldn't stop thinking as his mind ventured on Jin's words.His eyes darted to So won on the rear-view mirror several times when he sat up front of the taxi listening to the bickering between Jin and So won as they fought over something trivial.Jin left the duo with a curt nod at Namjoon's side and a bear hug to So won.If he didn't know any better,Namjoon would have decided Jin had feelings for So won,Cause the way that guy take care of her was no joke.And he could justify his jealousy without guilt.

So won stood with Namjoon near his car,biding him goodnight.
"Thanks",she said as he pulled her coat closer.
"Thanks?!",Namjoon sighed,"for?"
"Uh..I thought you'll bail out on me after seeing Jin.I know you don't like him but you still put the effort"
"It wasn't that bad and honestly he seems like a good guy,We would be fine someday",Namjoon stopped,"I wanna be part of that world,the one you built with your brother,Jin..Jimin..your sister in law..I wanna ...Let me in,will you?"

So won looked at Namjoon endearingly as she reached out her hand to caress his face and he leaned into it.
"You don't know yet,but you are already in there,Pabo",So won said,smiling.Namjoon brought his hands up to hold her face.He searched her eyes in the dim brightness of the street light.Namjoon leaned in and So won closed her eyes,anticipating his lips on hers,but his lips landed on her forehead.Her mouth parted a little in surprise,this felt better than any kiss.

"Go to sleep,Don't stay up too late",Namjoon said and got into his car.
So won watched as he drove away,her mind almost wanting to not let go.But that's alright,this dimpled stranger is hers to keep.

A/n:Ah..Do you think Jin loved her?
I mean the vibes are pretty strong..