Chapter 57

"This procedure is ongoing and will be completed by the end of this month and our last stage can be triggered,in one month the report could be submitted to the government",So won finished and applause erupted around the table as she bowed and thanked everyone.
"Good job,Ms.Min.Here I was thinking this project will go on for two years and we are close to finish by 8 months",the manager from SM corporates voiced his opinion.
"Excellent indeed.Thankyou Mr.Jay for adding such amazing recruits",Shil dam thanked Hoseok who was radiating with happiness.The meeting was adjourned.Namjoon's gaze followed So won making small conversation and an excuse and asking kwan Ji to cover up for her and leaving.Namjoon was about to follow when Hoseok stopped him.
"Namjoonah,thanks so much.We have more projects coming in now,thanks for trusting in me"

"It's fine, Hoseok.Thanks to you actually.",Namjoon replied soon.When Hoseok moved on,he was immediately stopped by Shil dam.
"You don't look very happy,Namu"
"Um..Nothing,Just under the weather"
"I couldn't speak with your father,he refused to see me.Him and his childish antics.But he will have to see me today,to know what happened in the meeting"
Namjoon nodded,yes,the wedding was definitely a concern but the way So won acted made him feel worse.
"Is So won okay?The girl looks sick",Shil dam said catching Namjoon's attention.
"She just stressed a lot over the presentation,excuse me,Uncle.Can I talk later?",Namjoon excused himself.Shil dam gently patted him as he departed.

Namjoon headed straight to Cafeteria but she wasn't there.There was no use in calling,he knows yet he tries for it to be one of those hundred calls that got ignored.
Jaesuk supplied that she is in records room and Namjoon wasted no time.Hunched up in the corner table,with her head in her hands was So won.

"Wonnie",Namjoon called out softly as he approached her.So won raised her head immediately.Her face looked red and tired.
"Mr.President",So won acknowledged as she stood up and bowed.Namjoon doesn't know this So won,she is alien to him.
"What's wrong? Why are you acting this way?",Namjoon cautiously took steps to her.
"I don't understand,Mr.President"
"So won,please.Don't do this to me"
"I am sorry,Mr.President.That wasn't my intention"
"Is it my dad?"
"Anything that I do is my own decisions,Mr.President",So won said firmly.
"You promised you'd stay"
"Promises are not always kept"
Namjoon slowly nodded his head,Ofcourse,He was the dumb one.Dumb enough to let someone in and break him.
"Give me a closure"
"I am tired,I should have known that we don't fit.Here's your closure.You are nothing more than my boss"
Namjoon breathed out.He is not new to getting his world turned upside down by one night,It had happened before.But It doesn't make sense to him,both times.There were no explanations,no words exchanged..just the existence of someone becoming void.Namjoon walked forward to grab at So won's hand,who made a quick movement to avoid it.She looked up at him,no emotions.

"Is it that easy for you?"
"I am sorry for leading you on",Her voice didn't even crack.It wasn't shaky either.It was just like the first time they met,So won climbing over the coffee table to get eye-level to him and him making sure she doesn't fall.Her voice hadn't wavered that day,it didn't now as well.Namjoon was frozen to the spot as So won made a quick exist.He would like to believe this is part of a prank for his upcoming birthday.He'd like to think this is a dream and he'd wake up to So won snuggling into him back in Jeju.He was just blank and there's only one person who could help him.

-

"Did she come back?",Yoongi asked as soon as he got back from work.He had been busy since he landed from Hawaii,compensating for the time he'd lost.
"Yeah,Went out with Jin and Jimin.They have started the wedding Shopping",Shinyu said as she turned her back to Yoongi,who took the clue and untied the apron for her.Shinyu turned around to kiss him on his cheeks,"How was work?"
"Tiring"
"Why don't you go and get some sleep.I'll wake you up when she gets home and we can have dinner"
"You are the best",Yoongi said before giving her his gummy smile as appreciation.
"Oh,Also Wonnie wanted to stay with Jin for wedding preparations"
"Tell her I didn't agree."
"Why?"
"I don't know.Besides Jin didn't even propose her"
"Oh look at you being unreasonable.And just agree you missed your sister"
"Whatever",Yoongi drawled as he dragged himself into the bedroom.

-

So won got back late,she made sure to not wake the duo but when she tiptoed across the hall into her room,the light in the hall got turned on.She turned around to see Shinyu.
"Oh,Mianhe Eonnie.Did I wake you up?"
"No,no..I was waiting for you.Did you eat?"
"Yeah,Jimin treated us"
"Ah..that's good then"
"Did you guys eat?"
"Yoongi was waiting for us to eat together,He's asleep anyway."
"am so sorry,I should have texted.I'll wake him up,we will have dinner together"
"It's okay,Wonnie"
"No,Ah...What was I thinking,I should have-"
"It's no big deal Wonnie"
"Am sorry Eonnie,All I cause is trouble and hurt"
"What are you saying?Noone died by skipping a single dinner",Shinyu looked at So won and nodded assuringly and So won bit her lips and sighed shakingly.She brought a hand up to press against her forehead.Shinyu rushed to her side engulfing her into a hug.So won broke.
"It is not easy for me",She whispered into Shinyu's shoulders as thick tears slid down.Shinyu doesn't have to know it's her answer to Namjoon's question.

A/n:I know..it hurts