Chapter 27

The ordered food had arrived and Jungkook happily tucked in his napkin,getting ready to devour it.So won just sat watching him go at it for a full hour,she felt full.
"Jungkook,whenever you are ready",So won had to remind him when he started digging through the dessert.Jungkook smiled shamelessly and said,"Sorry,I forget who I am after seeing food,Now..what was your query?"
So won didn't say anything and waited for Jungkook to remember,she had already reminded him twice.And soon he did.

"Look,Noona.I really shouldn't be the one to tell you.It's Joonie hyung's secret",Jungkook said.So won nodded,he's right.It wasn't his secret.
"But you are such a nice person,Noona.No wonder he likes you"
So won almost choked on her icecream,"What!! he likes me"
So won couldn't understand how Jungkook can put something so important,so simple.
"ah,he didn't say so.But he goes all doey eyed looking at you"
So won relaxed,it's just Jungkook's delusion.Jungkook observed her.From what he has seen and heard,this lady is amazing.He smiled before saying,"It's not just his secret,it's mine too".

So won looked up clearly not understanding what he meant.
"She was my sister too",Jungkook said as if cautiously entering a memory lane,he hated.
"Sister?",asked So won.Jungkook nodded as a reply.
"Namjoon hyung's noona,my cousin.Kim yun ah..She was so beautiful,so compassionate.Everything Kim family never had,never deserved.Their pride and Namjoon hyung's only happiness.Whenever Jeons and Kims got together,she would sneak us out to the garden,we'd play,sing..laugh",Jungkook sighed,smiling and remeniscing on his memory.So won knew better not to interrupt.Jungkook had even abandoned his now melting ice-cream.

"Uncle and aunt had a business dinner that night.Most security had left with them.There were only a maid and a bodygaurd with Noona and hyung.The night was horrible",Jungkook shuddered at the thought,"Someone broke in.I remember when I went with dad and mom the next day.There were shattered glass,blood.The whole place was upturned.Hyung was the only one who survived.Yun ah Noona...Her face wasn't even recognizable.But what I remember the most is Namjoon hyung in my aunt's arms.wet and cold,shivering.He looked petrified,his eyes fixed on Noona.He looked dead inside.He just changed,He was only 10.It took him years to even speak to me but he really never spoke about that night...He went to counsellings and all",Jungkook stopped to subtly wipe his tears off.

"Aunt told me he had developed astraphobia from then.That...that night was stormy.Thunder and lightening.That house didn't do him good.He was send to Canada and when he came back,he made sure to move out of the house"

So won vaguely remembered asking Namjoon why he stayed alone if he didn't like it.Now she knew.

"He once told me he was scared,he felt alone.I try my best to with him in rainy times,you know? Even am lacking,I wanna help"
"You are a good brother",So won reached out to hold Jungkook's palm as tears fell.
Her mind was clouded with sorrow now.It almost felt like she regretted hearing the story.But here she was,a tear dripping down her cheeks,which she successfully wiped away without grabbing Jungkook's attention.

She hated that she could never hate him again,she could never channel her feelings to go away or get to hate him.She wanted to see him.It felt like a decade,she wanted to say sorry,she wanted to know where he was,how he was doing?So won missed his cocky smile and snarky comments She just missed him and above all She wanted to tell him that she love him.Yes,she did.It wasn't because of a sympathy that might have sprouted out off the said story.But it made her realize that she can't take it that he is hurt,she can't take it that he is alone and she had the strong urge to protect him,He is hers to be loved.
"Jungkook,finish these up for me.I have to be somewhere,I'll call you",So won said quickly getting onto her feet.Ignoring Jungkook's protests,she sped to hail a taxi and simultaneously dialled a Taehyung's number.

Her heart raced,yes she was gonna tell him.And Jungkook did say he liked her.She smiled to herself as she typed in "You guys are right,I am in love" into JinminWon group chat.
Maybe it was quick of her to decide to tell him.But Yoongi always says,you don't waste time cause there's no gaurantee for tomorrow.Or else atleast she could see him,Yeah..She just wanted to see him.
She typed in the passcode to the gate and ran through the lane, rain wetting her clothes.She didn't mind it.She will be fine.

So won pressed the intercom and the door opened to reveal In young at the threashold.So won's smile instantly got wiped off.
"Eonnie,What happened? Why are you all wet..Omo,Come inside,I'll get a towel..Oppa..",In young said as she hurried inside.Namjoon walked to the door and spotted her.So won could only imagine how she looked,wet and water dripping off her hair and face.Breathing hard and tiny teardrops that camouflaged into the raindrops.Before an alarmed Namjoon could close the distance between them,In young came running.She pulled So won onto the carpet and started drying her hair.So won's gaze never left Namjoon.

How stupid could she get? How did she forget he was engaged to In young? Was she that much delusional?

"Oppa,could you help?I'll go make you something hot",In young handed the towel to Namjoon as she walked into the kitchen.Namjoon put the towel over her head and this time So won truly broke down.She tried to hide it but Namjoon saw.He pulled her chin up to face him.

Namjoon searched her eyes,"What's wrong?"
"I am wrong",So won said as she dropped the towel off and walked out the door.
His phone rang before he could go behind her.
"Did So won come,she wanted to tell you something",Taehyung's voice came.By the time Namjoon walked out to the front lane,she was gone.

So won sank onto the ground by the alley,hands over her mouth to muffle the cries.

A/n:So I am hurt,are you?

Manhi Manhi comments chuseyo

How was this chapter? what shook you?