Raas chapter 17

Leng Lin was dead, and the mechanical voice in their ears let the two men know that they had completed the task. Despite this, Shi Qing felt no excitement in his heart; his head was only filled with the scene he has just witnessed.

It was a Qin Mo he had never seen before...Smiling while tormenting the loser, not only physically but also psychologically, had totally crushed Leng Lin. They watched him go from timid, to crazy, to collapsing and desperate until his last breath.

Shi Qing knew something like this would happen from very early on, and had made countless psychological preparations for himself. Qin Mo's experiences were destined to make his psychology completely different from ordinary people. He regarded human lives as if they were weeds and killed people like a scything flax. He even tortured people for fun...He had long repeated these words in his heart, but once he came face-to-face with the real thing, he discovered in that moment how savage and formidable the reality behind the words truly was.

A person with that type of nature could truly fill people with dread.

Shi Qing was lost in thought; it was difficult for him to calm down the roiling emotions within his heart.

Qin Mo had killed Leng Lin. The first thing he did after was to bend over and take the damaged dagger out of Li Su's hand. He lightly stroked the injured dagger's handle, his actions gentle and meticulous. However, in the next moment, he suddenly gripped the dagger in the palm of his hand, tightly and without any gaps.

The knife handle was fractured in places when it was struck by the bullets, exposing the sharp and hard steel. Qin Mo gripped it vigorously and caused the sharp areas to pierce into his palm. As it cut into his skin, the strong iron smell of blood permeated the air.

Qin Mo felt no pain. On the contrary, the smell of blood and the feeling of having full control over the dagger in his hand gradually calmed down the raging beast inside his mind. He was finally able to quell the flames in his heart that threatened to destroy everything, and returned to being calm.

Shi Qing stayed in his palm, unable to say a single word. He just quietly watched Qin Mo's actions.

What Leng Lin had extracted before was not the antibodies. It was actually the original virus that resided within the experimental subjects. The virus was not only highly infectious, it could change the human physique, stimulate it to achieve its full potential, and improve combat effectiveness by several times.

That was precisely what happened to Li Su.

If the system had not issued a mission, they may have assumed that there was no antibody.

That was not the case, since the main mission from the system was to 'escort the serum antibodies back to the camp'. The mission itself very clearly pointed out that there were serum antibodies.

So, that kind of thing must exist.

When Leng Lin died, the notice of completion of their sub-task clearly indicated that he was an experimental subject. At the same time, he was still the most special experimental subject. He did not have the horrible appearance that the other two experimental subjects did, but due to that he also lost the power that was usually granted by the virus.

The reason for this was because he "cured" himself and turned himself back into a human being.

So, the real antibodies were in his body.

Qin Mo had long ago observed, and figured out, how to use the sample collector. This time he carefully operated it based on what he had learned.

The overall process was not difficult, but required the operator to be careful and calm. Those were both qualities Qin Mo possessed, so the collection process was very smooth.