Raas chapter 40

Shi Qing quietly sorted through the memories of that world's Shi Qing, especially those memories related to Su Rui. He chuckled as he smiled, "Indeed, taking it from Su Rui was a good thing to do."

Since he had acquired the life-saving drive, Shi Qing learned the rules that regulated the use of that thing. It was indeed a very frightening ability to possess.

A person could set up a maximum of three save points, and reverting to any of those points was free as long as the host had enough mobility to press the button. That would erase everything that happened and restart from the chosen save point.

Even so, none of the people on earth would notice its effects. They would merely keep to the working routine, with no difference the second time around.

Even so, the person with the drive could still change and directly influence the behavior of people around them. In other words, after reloading, all who had contact with that person would be affected. As to what kind of impact occurred, that would depend on the person's desires.

It was possible to save someone, so of course it was also possible to kill someone.

It gave a person too much power to make decisions about too many matters.

Not to say that possessing that ability would necessarily change someone's personality, but it almost drove Su Rui mad by tormenting him through his small character flaws.

It was not just Shi Qing's wacky behaviour. Even if it was normal, Su Rui, the perfectionist, would encounter countless unsatisfactory things in his life.

Without the life-saving drive, he could not alter things, he could only learn to tolerate them. The days of his life would continue on. To some extent, that could still have some therapeutic effect on his illness. In his memory, Shi Qing always tossed Su Rui about, but also hoped that he would get used to it and change a bit, rather than allowing his life to just pass him by.

With the life-saving drive, Su Rui completely abandoned any treatment and solely followed his own wishes. If he was even a little dissatisfied with something, he would start over again. His mysophobia, perfectionism, and obsessive-compulsive disorder were enough for him to waste away his life nitpicking at every little detail he disliked.

The final outcome may not be that the weirdo Su Rui would try to control the world, but rather that he would exhaust himself until he died...

A normal person may be able to resist and just hold onto that thing. Su Rui, that abnormal human, would certainly play with it until he died.

For that reason, retrieving that item was truly beneficial to Su Rui.

As for the car crash just a moment ago, Shi Qing and Qin Mo had made the necessary alterations to avoid the disaster.

That meant that after, if there were more accidents, there would not be any people who could take control.

When he thought of that, Shi Qing could not help feeling a bit lonesome.

Qin Mo knew what he was thinking, so he quietly consoled him, "Su Rui will merely have to face things head-on without an easy out."

Shi Qing was slightly surprised for a moment, then immediately became convinced.

Yes, Su Rui was just a regular person now. He was born and would grow old, get sick and die someday. He could experience happiness and sorrow, anger and joy, lucky times and unlucky times. All of those were things he would meet in his life, and he should confront those himself.

The life-saving drive was not the type of thing that a person should have control over. Even if it granted the ability to reverse time to save a life, there would still be accidents, and in the end the user would still have to make a choice.