Raas chapter 27

Aimiya was alarmed when he heard Yalike's words.

After he was sent to the prison, he calmed down. Since he was not dead, there was surely a way to survive. He was just waiting for an opportunity.

During that time alone, he had meticulously sifted through his memories of the entire course of events. He realized in shock that he was so terrified of Yalike in that moment that he was thrown into a confused state of mind and lost his way. After that he made wrong step after wrong step, which led to failure.

Aimiya could not figure it out. He and Yalike had gotten along very well for a long time. Although that man was indeed as outstanding as the rumours portrayed him, at the same time he was just an ordinary beastman. He was addicted to the comfort that a sub-beast could provide, taking pleasure in the ultimate benefits that existed. He thought that he completely understood Yalike, but the situation from the day brought everything toppling down. At that time Yalike placed him under such immense pressure that he could barely breathe.

By that time, he had calmed down and could not help consoling himself. The circumstances were quite extraordinary after all. Yalike had appeared so abruptly that he suddenly panicked, and his slightly guilty conscience combined with being startled. Under the various psychological factors, he mistakenly perceived Yalike as especially terrifying.

After thinking things through, the tension eased from Aimiya's strained heart. Even though he was in prison, Aimiya believed that Yalike would surely come back. Even if Yalike had truly abandoned him, since he had colluded with the Kro Tribe then the Chief would sure be concerned about that matter. He would thereby need to come down in order to uncover any hidden information.

He had to exploit the opportunity when it came and capture Yalike once more!

Aimiya understood very well the deadly attraction that beastmen felt towards a sub-beast.

Aimiya had thought everything out so well and Yalike had appeared just as he desired, but the moment he looked at that man straight on, that crushing pressure hit him in the face once more and he forgot everything. The psychological strength that he built up was on the verge of collapsing and it became as fragile as papier-mâché—one could easily perforate it with a finger.

Aimiya suddenly snapped out of it: No, Yalike must have something to ask, otherwise he wouldn't have come, surely he-, certainly he must need something!

Aimiya seemed to have emboldened himself. He looked to Yalike, strong and indifferent, and said, "I know that right now it's unlikely that you will believe me. You must feel like I've betrayed you, you trust the other beastmen, but they always looked down on me, they..."

Before he could speak words of 'being totally devoted', he was entirely incapable of saying any more.

His pretty head was stepped on and pushed down to the ground. A sturdy leather boot was pressing on his delicate cheek, and Yalike was like a master living high and looking down on him as if he was petty and low like mole crickets and ants.

"I never talk nonsense," the man's low voice echoed in the gloomy and cold dungeon, penetrating Aimiya's heart with its sinister tone, "I don't want to listen to nonsense."

He did not have the slightest bit of pity as he ground that stunning face into the ground, then stooped over and looked into Aimiya's eyes as he said, "I have something here that suits you very well."

After he finished speaking, a slight smile played at the corner of his lips, but there was not even the slightest smiling expression in his eyes. They were still detached and indifferent, their hidden depths icy cold.