01|Loss

Klaus Mikaelson would do anything to keep his daughter safe. Including dying. He got Alaric Saltzman's daughters to transfer the Hollow into himself and out of his daughter.

Klaus found his older sister, Freya, to have an important conversation with her.

"After I'm gone, will you take care of Hope. She needs to get away from this town. There's too many bad memories. I heard of a magic school in Scotland." Klaus told Freya and she smiled sadly.

She reached out and touched his arm. "You know I'll take care of her. She's the daughter I never had." Freya said sadly.

Klaus then went to find his baby sister. "Rebekah." He called when he found her. She turned with a smile but when she saw his grim expression the smile was wiped off her face.

"What's wrong, Nik." She asked.

"I've came to say goodbye." As soon as he said that Rebekah threw herself at him as tears instantly filled her eyes.

"I knew you would do this for Hope. But it really hurts Nik. I love you." She said quietly and Klaus squeezed her tightly to him.

"I've arranged with Caroline for her to give you the cure. So if you want a human life and children at some point you have the chance." Klaus said and more tears dripped down her face.

Klaus kissed his sister on the cheek and then he was gone.

That was the last time they spoke. Klaus left his family looking back one last time seeing them all smiling.

He sat on a bench for ages holding the white oak stake waiting to kill himself. Just as he prepares to end it he heard footsteps approaching.

He looked up and saw his older brother Elijah. Elijah Mikaelson came to his brother so they could die together, he never turned his back on his family. That's what families all about. Rebekah's words from a thousand years ago rings threw both their heads. We stick together as one, always and forever.

Elijah snaps the white oak in half and they turn to each other holding a piece of it

"It's been a glorious ride, Niklaus." Elijah said and they both stabbed the white oak through the others heart.

They both began to fade and desiccate. But they both have a slight smile on their faces.

 But they both have a slight smile on their faces

Hope Mikaelson woke with a start and felt a burning pain in her chest

Hope Mikaelson woke with a start and felt a burning pain in her chest. Tears came to her eyes when she realised her dad was now dead, along with her mother. She started crying and she heard footsteps and then her bedroom door opened.

She didn't look up but she could sense it was her auntie Rebekah. The tall blonde woman cave and wrapped her arms around her crying niece.

"It's all going to be okay Hope. I know it hurts... but um... he just wanted you to be safe." Rebekah said whilst rubbing her nieces back comfortingly.

Hope struggles to sleep that night but she eventually drifts off and dreams of her parents.