09|Secret

Before Hope went to her defence against the dark arts class, Professor McGonagall asked her to go speak to the headmaster.

Hope entered his office and looked around. She saw a bird like creature perched in the room.

"That's Fawkes

"That's Fawkes. He's a Phoenix." Dumbledore said when he saw Hope looking at the fire creature.

"Why did you need to see me?" Hope asked the old wizard.

"I just wanted to see how you were settling in my dear." He said with that twinkle in his eyes. "And I need to ask something of you... it is significant that only your close friends know of the extent of your powers."

"What do you mean?" Hope asked.

"The students and Dolores Umbridge can not know that you are more than just a witch. I understand you've told Harry and a few others but it should remain a secret." Dumbledore said.

"Why?" Hope asked in confusion.

"Werewolves aren't as accepted here as what you're used to." Hope nods in understanding. "And if your powers were knowledgeable to the wrong person anything could happen." Dumbledore finished.

"On the plus side, Remus told me you would like a bit of freedom to transform, so you're welcome to go to the forbidden forest as long as you inform Professor Snape, Professor McGonagall or myself." This gave Hope something to look forward to.

Hope left his office after that and went to the defence against the dark arts classroom and sat with Hermione.

"What did Professor Dumbledore want?" Hermione asked as soon as Hope sat down. Ron and Harry looked over to hear the answer.

"I'm not allowed to tell anyone about me being a Tribrid." Hope tells them when the rest of the class is busy chatting.

Hermione looks like she's about to say something but she doesn't get the chance.

"Good morning, children." A voice said and it was Umbridge dressed all in pink again stood behind the desks.

"Ordinary Wizarding level Examinations. O-W-L's. More commonly known as Owls." The Professor said whilst waving her wand making the words appear on the black board.

"Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." Hope couldn't believe the nerve of this woman to basically threaten children.

Hope could feel her control slipping so she took some deep breaths. Hermione,sensing the other girls discomfort, grabbed her hand under their desk and squeezed gently.

"Thanks." Hope murmured quietly when she felt more in control.

Umbridge flicked her wand and text books started appearing on the students desks.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven." Umbridge said.

"But you'll be pleased to know from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic." The Professor said.